Kevin Logue is a partner in the Litigation practice of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm’s New York office. Mr. Logue regularly represents corporations, directors and officers, and financial institutions in a wide range of shareholder class action, derivative, mergers and acquisitions and corporate governance and commercial contract litigation, and related investigations.
Mr. Logue has extensive experience litigating disputes involving corporate governance/fiduciary duties, mergers and acquisitions disputes, executive compensation, securities fraud, and class and derivative litigation. His representative matters include defense of numerous merger fairness challenges, going-private litigation, merger injunction litigation, as well as proxy disputes, appraisal/dissenter’s rights actions, and investigations and litigation involving shareholder derivative claims, executive compensation, and a variety of corporate governance and fiduciary duty issues. He has a wide array of experience representing issuers, investment companies, mutual funds, officers and directors, and advisors in a variety of litigations and investigations involving matters under the ’33, ’34 and ’40 Acts, the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, the Securities Litigation Uniform Standards Act, as well as a variety of “holder” and other ancillary common law claims.
Mr. Logue also has extensive experience in a variety of financial services, complex commercial litigation and matters seeking injunctive or expedited relief.
- Defense of various Helios (formerly Morgan Keegan) open-end and closed-end funds in securities class action litigation, opt-out and shareholder derivative litigation.
- Defense of Doral Financial Corporation and directors and officers in securities class action and derivative litigation.
- Defense of Enbridge Energy Partners, L.P. and related entities/directors in various Delaware publicly traded master limited partnership unitholder derivative litigation and contract disputes involving Alberta Clipper pipeline.
- Defense of Coliseum Capital Management and related parties in Delaware litigation challenging a stockholder vote involving Bioscrip, Inc.
- Defense of Rural/Metro Corporation and its directors in Delaware stockholder class action litigation challenging acquisition.
- Defense of Kaydon Corporation and its directors in stockholder class action litigation in Michigan challenging tender offer acquisition.
- Defense of Centerline Holding Company in stockholder class action litigation challenging acquisition transaction.
- Defense of director in securities class action and derivative litigation involving Spot Runner, Inc.
- Defense of acquirer in federal securities class action litigation challenging acquisition of Smithfield Foods, Inc.
- Defense of The Warnaco Group, Inc. and its directors in stockholder litigation challenging acquisition transaction.
- Defense of Marvel Entertainment, Inc. and its directors in Delaware and New York shareholder class action litigation challenging acquisition of Marvel by The Walt Disney Company.
- Defense of Hypo Real Estate Capital Corporation and related entity and individual director defendants in class action and derivative litigation related to the management and going private acquisition of Quadra Realty Trust, Inc.
Speaking Engagements and Publications
- Has written on a variety of corporate governance, securities and shareholder derivative litigation, and mergers and acquisitions issues, and is a regular speaker and commentator at securities litigation and corporate governance seminars and conferences
- Authored a chapter on Shareholder Derivative Actions for Securities Litigation: A Practical Guide (Oceana 2004), a book designed for officers, directors, and general counsel concerning securities litigation
- Contributing Author for The Standard & Poor’s Guide to Fairness Opinions (McGraw-Hill 2005)
- St. John's University School of Law, J.D., 1984 (St. John’s Law Review, Editor-in-Chief)
- University of Kentucky, B.B.A., 1978