Privacy & Data Security Representative Experience
- Conducting privacy and data security risk assessments of global companies, including a casino and clinical trial review company, by conducting interviews, analyzing policies and procedures, and providing recommendations.
- Advising companies responding to incidents of data breach, including with related regulatory inquiries.
- Formulation of more than thirty consumer and business-to-business privacy policies.
- Advising on privacy risks raised by mergers and acquisitions.
- Negotiating vendor contracts, including information protection and security addenda and key privacy terms.
- Providing advice to companies regarding certification to the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks for international data transfers.
- Advising companies on compliance with numerous federal privacy laws, including the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act and the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.
Additional Representative Experience
- Defense of two former executives of IndyMac Bank in a five week federal jury trial in Los Angeles involving the failure of IndyMac Bank.
- Representation of a global company in multiple Foreign Corrupt Practices Act internal investigations.
- Pro bono representation of an international human rights organization as amicus curiae at the certiorari stage in the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Pro bono representation of military veterans in appeals to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.