Olivier Vermeulen is a partner and head of the Paris Finance department. With a focus in banking and finance, he has extensive experience in leveraged financing (senior, second lien, mezzanine, unirate/unitranche, and SSRCF/high-yield financings), fund financing (EBF and capital call facilities), structured finance (securitization), debt negotiations, and Islamic finance.
Mr. Vermeulen advises both sponsors and borrowers (private equity and infrastructure funds as well as large corporate funds) as well as financial institutions (senior/mezzanine lenders and debt funds).
His strengths in innovation are very clearly demonstrated through the creation of a new product for the French bank finance market in the form of the equity bridge finance facility for European funds.
Mr. Vermeulen joined the firm from another law firm where he was head of the Finance practice. Prior to that, he worked for two other international law firms as counsel and part of the finance team.
Leveraged Finance Transactions
- Advising Tikehau and Ares Management Ltd on the unitranche financing of the acquisition of the Marlink Group
- Advising Tikehau on the unitranche refinancing of Delpharm’s debt
- Advising Eurazeo on the unitranche refinancing of Dessange International’s debt
- Advising Idi and Pechel on the financing of the acquisition of Dubbing Brothers (management buy-out)
- Advising Tikehau on the unitranche financing of the acquisition of Pennel & Flipo by IDI and Cabestan Capital
- Advising Colisée Patrimoine on the full senior refinancing of its debt
- Advising CM-CIC on the mezzanine refinancing of ECF’s debt
- Advising Idinvest on the acquisition of Homeperf by Parquest Capital
- Advising Tikehau on the unitranche financing of the acquisition of Maesa by its managers and Winch Capital and of P2 by Maesa
- Advising IK Investment Partners on the senior refinancing of the Trigo Group’s debt and the financing of the acquisition of the PIC Group
- Advising 21 Centrale Partners on the unitranche and SSRCF refinancing of Oberthur’s debt
- Advising Tikehau on the unitranche financing of the acquisition of Ba&Sh
- Advising Equistone Partners on the refinancing of existing senior and mezzanine debt of Breteche Industries
- Advising Lion Capital on the senior/mezzanine financing of the acquisition and the further high yield/SSRCF refinancing of the Afflelou Group
- Advising Lion Capital on the financing of the acquisition and the further high yield/SSRCF refinancing of the Picard Group
- Advising Finachef on the unitranche financing of the acquisition of the Group Salins du Midi
- Advising Léon de Bruxelles on its senior and mezzanine debt refinancing
- Advising Astorg Partners on the equity bridge financing made available to Astorg VI managed by Astorg Assets Management
- Advising PAI Partners on the equity bridge financing granted by Lloyds Bank plc to the funds PAI Europe VI-1 FPCI and PAI Europe VI-2 FPCI
- Advising Caceis on the equity bridge financing for Logistics (managed by AEW)
- Advising a private company on the financing of a railway line in Africa
- Advising a private company on the financing of a port development in Africa