Paul Grossman is a partner in the Employment Law practice of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm’s Los Angeles office. Mr. Grossman represents major private employers in all aspects of employment law, including class action, wage and hour, wrongful discharge, discrimination, sexual harassment, and whistleblower cases. He is the general counsel of the California Employment Law Council (CELC), an organization of approximately 72 of California’s largest employers. Its mission is the development of moderate employment law through amicus briefs, education, and legislative activities.
Accolades and Recognitions
- The International Who’s Who of Business Lawyers on three occasions in the last ten years, most recently in 2010, rated Mr. Grossman as the “leading lawyer in the world for management labor and employment expertise.” Who’s Who also has found for numerous consecutive years that Paul Hastings has the world’s strongest management employment practice.
- In its most recent 2016 edition, Chambers USA placed Mr. Grossman in its “Band 1” for California employment litigation. As it has done for many consecutive years, Chambers USA has continued to rate Paul Hastings as the sole occupant of its “Band 1” – as having the best employment litigation practice in California.
Speaking Engagements and Publications
- Mr. Grossman is the co-author of Lindemann, Grossman & Weirich Employment Discrimination Law, the official book of the American Bar Association in its field – the fifth edition was released in 2013. It has been cited on multiple occasions by the U.S. Supreme Court and the courts of every circuit and is generally regarded as the principal publication in its field.
- Yale Law School, J.D., 1964 (Member, Board of Editors, Yale Law Journal)
- Amherst College, B.A., 1961