Steven Sandretto is a partner in the Latin America and Corporate practices of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm’s São Paulo office. Mr. Sandretto has been conducting business in Brazil and throughout Latin America for over 15 years.
His practice consists of cross border securities offerings, cross border bank financings, M&A transactions, and general corporate and securities matters. He has extensive experience representing issuers and investment banks in a wide range of international and domestic debt and equity securities offerings, with a particular emphasis on Rule 144A/Regulation S high-yield debt offerings.
Steven is fluent in English and Portuguese.
- Qualicorp, the largest benefits administrator in Brazil, in connection with establishing and registering its Level One ADR program with the SEC.
- Companhia Energética de Minas Gerais (CEMIG), the largest integrated concessionaire of electric power generation, transmission and distribution in Brazil, in connection with the acquisition of a controlling interest in Light, the SEC registration and NYSE listing of its common and preferred stock, SEC filings, and general corporate matters.
- FHipo, company counsel in the $630 million IPO of the first Mexican mortgage REIT.
- Sigma Alimentos, on a $1 billion novel and complex acquisition bank financing that is said to be one of the largest in Latin America to date (LatinFinance – Syndicated Loan of the Year).
- Fibra Uno, underwriters’ counsel in its $2.5 billion follow-on equity offering, one of the largest equity offerings ever in Mexico and the largest equity offering ever in the real estate sector in Latin America (LatinFinance – Follow-on Equity Deal of the Year).
- TAESA, one of the largest private Brazilian groups dedicated exclusively to electricity transmitting activities in Brazil, in terms of revenue, in its US$876 million “re-IPO” of its Units. The deal was the second-largest equity offering out of Brazil in 2012.
Speaking Engagements and Publications
- Speaker, Instituto Mineiro de Mercado de Capitais (IMMC) Capital Market Mission and IPO Immersion (September 2015)
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D., 2002
- Michigan State University, B.A., 1995