Devin Geng is an Associate in the Corporate practice of Paul Hastings. Mr. Geng’s primary practice includes Hong Kong capital market transactions, M&A, and FCPA related disclosures and compliance matters.
Mr. Geng is admitted to the New York Bar. Before joining Paul Hastings, Mr. Geng worked at another international law firm in Atlanta, Georgia.
Mr. Geng is fluent in English and Mandarin, Chinese.
- University of Michigan, B.A. 2009
- Emory University School of Law, J.D. 2014
- Represented Probio Technology in its Series C financing with investments from Legend Capital, Highlight Capital, Hillhouse Capital (Probio’s Series A investor) and other prominent institutional investors . Probio Technology raised approximately US$224 million from the Series C investors.
- Represented MultiMetaVerse in its US$ 300 million de-SPAC transaction and subsequent listing on the Nasdaq. MultiMetaVerse is an animation and entertainment company devoted to establishing an open community for its global users by providing high-quality entertainment experiences.
- Represented Mega Genomics Limited in its HK$215 million global offering and IPO on the Main Board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. Mega Genomics is the largest consumer genetic testing platform in China.
- Represented Probio Technology in its Series B financing transaction from Zhenjiang High-tech Venture Capital (HK) Limited, who subscribed minority equity interest in Probio Technology for US$37.3 million. The transaction is executed concurrently with a real estate acquisition by Probio Technology from Zhenjiang High-tech Venture Capital.
- Represented De Well, an international logistics company, on the subscription of its equity interest by an investing vehicle of Cainiao, a global logistics service provider under Alibaba Group.
- Represented GenScript Biotech, a U.S-based biotechnology company focused on gene synthesis technology, and its indirect wholly-owned subsidiary Probio Technology, in Probio Technology‘s Series A financing transaction from Hillhouse Capital who subscribed minority equity interest in Probio Technology for US$150 million, with a US$125 million warrant to purchase additional shares.
- Represented SinoMab BioScience Limited in its global offering and IPO on the Main Board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. SinoMab BioScience is listed on the HKSE under Chapter 18A of the Hong Kong listing rules.
- Represented Fosun Tourism Group in its US$428 million global offering and IPO on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Represented Mei Nian Investment and Meinian Onehealth as the issuer and parent guarantor, respectively, for Mei Nian Investment’s issuance of US$200 million guaranteed senior notes due in 2021. Meinian Onehealth is one of the largest private health checkup service providers in China.
- Advised Liaoning Port Co., Ltd. for its HKEX disclosures regarding its merger by absorption with Yingkou Port Liability Co., Ltd.
- Represented a Chinese asset management company on its proposed U.S. initial public offering.
- Represented a large PRC investment fund in arbitration at the HKIAC for an acquisition and contractual dispute with the client receiving compensation and damages from arbitration.
- Represented a large Chinese State-owned Enterprise on a contractual and intellectual property rights dispute against an American company and successfully assisted the client in receiving compensation.
- Represented multiple global pharmaceutical companies, medical device companies and technology companies in conducting a series of compliance investigations and periodic compliance reviews for their business operations in China, and participated in subsequent negotiations with government agencies regarding the investigation and provided remediation recommendations regarding the client companies’ compliance policies.
- Paul Hastings Advised GenScript and Probio in Series C Financing - April 21st, 2023
- Paul Hastings Advised MultiMetaVerse Inc. in US$300 Million Business Combination - January 12th, 2023
- Mega Genomics Completes Hong Kong IPO - June 22nd, 2022
- GenScript and Probio Close Series A Financing with Investment from Hillhouse - September 6th, 2021