Associate, Corporate Department
New YorkPhone: 1(212) 318-6690
Fax: 1(212) 230-7690
Douglass Barron is an associate in the Financial Restructuring group and is based in the firm’s New York office. His practice focuses on the representation of both debtors and creditors in bankruptcy and out-of-court restructurings.
Before joining Paul Hastings, Mr. Barron completed clerkships in the Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Kentucky and the Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York and practiced law as a Trial Attorney for the United States Trustee Program.
Mr. Barron received his law degree from the University of Oregon School of Law in 2012, where he served as an Articles Editor of the Oregon Law Review. He earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in History from Reed College in 2009.
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America (2023)
- American Bankruptcy Institute Medal of Excellence
- American Bankruptcy Law Journal Prize
- University of Oregon School of Law, J.D. (Order of the Coif), 2012
- Reed College, B.A. (Phi Beta Kappa), 2009
Engagement & Publications
- Published in the California Bankruptcy Journal and Pratt's Journal of Bankruptcy Law
- Stern v. Marshall and the Bankruptcy Code’s Transfer Avoidance Actions, 32 Cal. Bankr. J. 563 (2013)
- Are Buyers of Assets Acquired From Debtors in Section 363 Bankruptcy Sales Protected from Product Liability Claims?, Pratt’s Journal of Bankruptcy Law, Nov./Dec. 2016 (with Andrew V. Tenzer and Luc A. Despins)