Eduardo Morandé is an associate in the Latin America practice and Energy and Infrastructure practice at Paul Hastings. He is based in the firm’s New York office.
Mr. Morandé regularly advises lenders and sponsors in the development and financing of major energy, mining, and infrastructure projects. He also has experience in cross-border capital markets transactions. Mr. Morandé spent eight months working on secondment to a multinational company with operations in Latin America.
Prior to joining Paul Hastings, he was an associate in the Infrastructure and Project Development practice at a law firm in Chile. Mr. Morandé is a native Spanish speaker and has a working knowledge of French. He is admitted to practice in New York and Chile.
- Columbia University, LL.M., 2020 (Parker School Recognition of Achievement)
- P. Universidad Catolica de Chile, Graduate Diploma in Negotiation, 2017 (First in Class)
- P. Universidad Catolica de Chile, J.D., magna cum laude, 2013
- Paul Hastings Wins at 2021 Latin Lawyer Deal of the Year Awards - May 6th, 2022
- Paul Hastings Advises on Two 2021 IJGlobal Awards - March 21st, 2022
- Paul Hastings Wins at LatinFinance Deal of the Year Awards - March 14th, 2022
- Concesión La Pintada Secures $280 Million Refinancing for Pacífico 2 Toll Road - August 30th, 2021
- Jefferies Serves as Sole Book-Running Manager for Software Acquisition Group Inc. III’s $200 Million IPO - July 29th, 2021
- Citigroup and Morgan Stanley Serve as Joint Book-Running Managers for IPO of Alpha Partners Technology Merger Corp. - July 29th, 2021
- Sagicor Financial Company Completes $400 Million Senior Notes Offering - May 17th, 2021
- Republic of Peru Completes $5 Billion U.S. and Euro Global Bond Issuance - March 18th, 2021
Engagement & Publications
- "Respecting the Human Rights of Communities in Commercial Wind and Solar Energy Project Deployment: Business Guide and Legal Risk Primer", The Columbia Center on Sustainable Investment (2022) (Contributor)
- "Unrest in Chile: Fostering dialogue through Mediation and ADRs", Fordham International Law Journal Online (2021)
- "Construction and Projects in Chile", Practical Law Country Q&As Global Guide 2018-2020 (Co-author)
- "FIDIC initiative: FIDIC around the world", Chilean Chapter, Construction Law International (2019) (Co-author)
- "Building trust in negotiations: Basic principles and comparative perspectives from Australia and Chile", ADRB, Lexis Nexis Australia (2018) (Co-author)