Edward Holmes is a partner in the leveraged finance practice of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm's London office. His practice focuses on leveraged loan and capital markets transactions, with an emphasis on representing underwriters and arrangers in high-yield debt offerings, acquisition financing syndicated lending, restructurings and liability management. Mr. Holmes is able to draw from a wide array of experience on a variety of capital structures and instruments, both debt and equity, representing issuer and underwriter clients, as well as private credit investors.
Mr. Holmes was named a Next Generation Lawyer by Legal 500 UK for high yield.
Mr. Holmes received his B.A. in Mathematics and Economics from Bowdoin College in 2004 and his J.D. from Columbia Law School in 2008. He is a member of the bar of the State of New York.
- Named a ‘Next Generation Partner’ for High Yield by Legal 500 UK 2020
- Advised Etihad Airways Partners multiple award winning funding vehicle, EA Partners I B.V., on its debut issue of $700 million 6.875% Notes due 2020, the proceeds of which were on-lent to Etihad Airways, its airport services business and five of its key strategic airline partners
- Represented JP Morgan and BNP Paribas in connection with the financing of Euronext-listed multinational cable and telecommunications company Altice’s $9.1 billion Suddenlink acquisition
- Advised Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Standard Chartered and Standard Bank in connection with the $600 million debut high-yield notes offering by the telecoms infrastructure services provider Helios Towers Africa, and also advised on the $60 million revolving credit facility provided by the same financial institutions
- Advised Goldman Sachs, Citigroup, Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Lloyds and RBS as arrangers in respect of the financing for Advent International’s £1.2 billion public-to-private acquisition of UK electronic and technology business Laird plc.
- Advised the second lien investors in respect of the privately placed second lien facility to finance Hellman & Friedman’s €5.3 billion public-to-private acquisition of Nets A/S.
- Represented Lloyd’s, Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, HSBC and BNP Paribas in connection with Advent International’s acquisition of MRO specialists IPH and Brammer to create a major European distributor of industrial supplies with revenues of more than €2.1bn
- Represented Permira Debt Managers and its affiliates in connection with the unitranche financing of IK Investment Partners’ minority equity investment in Third Bridge, a provider of research services to private equity and hedge funds
- Represented Bank of America Merrill Lynch and the other joint bookrunners on AerCap Holdings N.V.’s $800 million notes offering
- Advised Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs, HSBC and ING in connection with the financing of Advent International and Bain Capital’s €700 million acquisition of German payment service provider Concardis
- Advised EA Partners II B.V. on a follow-on offering of $500 million 6.750% Notes due 2021, the proceeds of which were on-lent to Etihad Airways, its airport services business and four of its key strategic airline partners.
- Advised Goldman Sachs and the other lead arrangers on financing Carlyle’s acquisition of Acosta, Inc.
- Represented Citigroup and Deutsche Bank in connection with the funded collar secondary sale of shares in AerCap by Waha Capital
- Advised York Capital Management in connection with a direct loan and related warrant subscription to Cecon ASA, a Norwegian and Canadian shipping company
- Represented RBC and Credit Suisse in $850 million high yield bond offering by Sanchez Energy
- Represented UBS, Citigroup and the other joint bookrunners on AerCap's $2.6 billion notes offering
- Represented GE Capital as administrative agent and joint lead arranger in a $65 million first lien credit facility in support of the acquisition by Lightyear Capital of Paradigm Management Services, and related dividend recapitalization
- Advised York Capital Management in connection with a direct loan to a Russian luxury-goods import and distribution company
- Acted as counsel to UBS and other joint bookrunners in connection with a $2.75 billion bridge credit agreement to finance the $5.4 billion acquisition of International Lease Finance Corporation by AerCap from American International Group
- Advised RBC and other bookrunners in Niska Gas Storage Canada’s high-yield notes issuance
- Advised Credit Suisse and other joint bookrunning managers in connection with Apollos $1.3 billion acquisition of Chuck E. Cheeses
- Advised UBS and other financing sources in CD&R’s Acquisition of John Deere Landscapes
- Represented Morgan Stanley and other lenders in connection with the financing of KKR's $1.6 billion acquisition of The Brickman Group
- Advised Goldman Sachs on the financing for the partial acquisition of Syncreon Ireland B.V. by Centerbridge
- Advised Shuanghui International Holdings Limited in their $7.1 billion acquisition of Smithfield Foods, the largest U.S. publicly-traded pork processor and hog producer
- Represented Morgan Stanley in $500 million high yield bond offering for Dynegy Inc.
- Advised BAML, Morgan Stanley and Jefferies in financing for TPC Groups acquisition by First Reserve and SK Capital Partners
- Represented RBC and BMO in $250 million Renaissance Learning refinancing
- Represented Barclays and Deutsche Bank and other bookrunners in the $250 million bond offering by Shale-Inland Holdings, LLC
- Advised Goldman Sachs and other debt financing sources in Advent Internationals acquisition of Serta Simmons Bedding
- Advised BAML in financing for Midstates Petroleum Company, Inc's acquisition of Mississippian Lime Oil Properties
- Represented RBC, BMO and Deutsche Bank in connection with the leveraged buyout by Ares and CPPIB of 99¢ Only Stores
- Represented RBC in financing Permira Fund’s $455 million acquisition of Renaissance Learning
- Paul Hastings Practices and Lawyers Recognized for Excellence in Legal 500 United Kingdom 2022 - October 1st, 2021
- US aerospace and defence supplier Cobham acquires UK rival Ultra Electronics - August 18th, 2021
- J.P. Morgan and Barclays Provide Acquisition Financing for MKS Instruments in its $5.1 Billion Cash and Stock Acquisition of Atotech - July 1st, 2021
- $1.6 Billion Financing Announced for Nordic Capital’s Acquisition of ADVANZ PHARMA - April 7th, 2021
- Helios Towers Africa Issues $225 Million in Notes - September 18th, 2020
- Altice USA Issues $2.7 Billion in Notes - August 21st, 2020
- Paul Hastings Successfully Stops McLaren’s Unrestricted Subsidiary Financing - July 6th, 2020
- Leading Banks Work as Initial Purchasers for $750 million of Senior Notes Issued by HTA Group - June 25th, 2020
- Altice USA Issues $1.725 Billion in Notes - June 19th, 2020
- Summer Holdco Issues €1.475 billion in Senior Notes - November 4th, 2019
- CSC Holdings Issues $1.25 billion in Senior Notes - November 4th, 2019
- Paul Hastings Wins "Managing Complexity and Scale" Award and Ranked #3 in Europe for Legal Expertise by the Financial Times - September 13th, 2019
- £2.5 Billion Financing Announced for Advent’s Acquisition of Cobham - July 25th, 2019
- CSC Holdings Issues $1 Billion Senior Bond - July 19th, 2019
- $3 Billion Financing Announced for Bain’s Acquisition of Kantar from WPP - July 12th, 2019
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch and Goldman Sachs Lead Debut High-Yield Notes Issuance for ADES International - April 26th, 2019
- Paul Hastings Named "Restructuring Team of the Year" at the 2018 British Legal Awards - November 30th, 2018
- Credit Suisse and Goldman Sachs lead financings for Altice USA’s combination of its Suddenlink and Optimum Businesses Under Single Credit Silo - November 2nd, 2018
- New Look Announces Company Voluntary Arrangement Proposal - March 7th, 2018
- Helios Towers Africa Completes Debut $600 Million Bond Issue - March 10th, 2017
- Recognized for Excellence in Legal 500 United Kingdom - October 1st, 2021
- Paul Hastings Wins Award for Managing Complexity and Scale and Ranked #3 in Europe for Legal Expertise by the Financial Times - September 13th, 2019
- Recognized as Restructuring Team of the Year at the British Legal Awards - November 30th, 2018