Elicia Ling is a Partner in both the Latin America practice and the Infrastructure and Energy practice at Paul Hastings and is based in the firm’s New York office. Ms. Ling acts for sponsors and lenders, roughly equally, on financing transactions and project development throughout the Americas. She advises on financings across the capital stack, including commercial bank loans, 4(a)(2) private placements, holdco and portfolio financings, export credit and multilateral financings, acquisition financings, and mezzanine and junior lien debt. Ms. Ling has closed over 3,000 MW of power projects in the LatAm region in recent years. She is a fluent Spanish and Portuguese speaker who has lived in Argentina, Brazil, and Chile.
- Named "Band 4" by Chambers Latin America Projects, 2020
- Named "Next Generation Partner" by Legal 500 Projects and Energy, 2019-2020
- Named "Up and Coming" by Chambers Latin America Projects, 2019
- Named "Next Generation Lawyer" by Legal 500 Projects and Energy, 2017-2018
- Named "Rising Legal Star in Latin America" by LATINVEX, 2018
- Named "Associate to Watch" by Chambers Latin America Projects, 2018
- Columbia Law School, J.D., 2004
- Universidad de Buenos Aires, Facultad de Derecho, 2003
- Wellesley College, B.A., magna cum laude, 1996
- Elicia is fluent in English, Spanish, Portuguese, and Taiwanese.
- EnfraGen in the USD1.7 billion bank/bond refinancing of a portfolio of renewable energy and conventional power projects across Chile, Panama, and Colombia.
- The 4(a)(2) noteholders and commercial bank lenders in the refinancing of the Ergon off-grid, distributed PV solar project in Peru.
- The 4(2) noteholders and commercial bank lenders in the financing of the Mesa La Paz wind project (306 MW installed capacity) in Mexico owned by AES and Grupo BAL.
- The Lenders in the financing of the Energía Sierra Juarez wind farm (155MW) and associated transmission line owned by IEnova in Mexico.
- The Issuer in the 4(a)(2) private placement financing of the EVM I single-cycle power station (100MW) in Mexico.
- EVM as sponsor in the 4(a)(2) private placement and commercial bank debt financing of the EVM II CCGT power plant (850MW) in Mexico.
- The Lenders in the financing of the Norte 3 CCGT power plant (900MW) in Mexico owned by Macquarie, InfraRed, and Invex.
- Glenfarne Group in the financing of its acquisition of the Termoflores power project in Colombia.
- Calidda in an unsecured loan provided by IDB.
- EIG in the holdco financing of its interest in two gas pipelines in Bolivia and Brazil.
- The Issuer in the holdco financing via a 4(a)(2) private placement of the EVM I and II projects in Mexico.
- Transinnova Usme S.A.S. in the EKN-guaranteed and COP-synthetic financing of the purchase of 260 buses for the Transmilenio bus system in Bogotá, Colombia.
- Trinidad Petroleum Heritage Limited in the restructuring of its senior debt.
- Graña y Montero in the restructuring of its senior debt.
- The Lenders in connection with a USD3 billion revolving credit facility and the bond financing of the USD13 billion new international airport in Mexico City.
- Paul Hastings Recognized in Legal 500 Latin America Guide - October 27th, 2021
- Three Paul Hastings Lawyers Named to Latinvex’s 2021 Top 100 Female Lawyers - October 21st, 2021
- Paul Hastings Wins Three 2021 LatinFinance Project and Infrastructure Awards - September 30th, 2021
- Paul Hastings Advises on Two 2020 IJGlobal Awards - June 29th, 2021
- Paul Hastings Launches Interdisciplinary Energy Transition & Infrastructure Team to Help Clients Prepare for Low-Carbon Future - June 9th, 2021
- Paul Hastings Ranked in Top 3 International Law Firms by Latinvex - March 22nd, 2021
- EnfraGen Energía Sur, S.A.U., Prime Energía SpA, and EnfraGen Spain, S.A.U. Issue $1.76 Billion Debt Package - December 23rd, 2020
- Paul Hastings Recognized in Legal 500 Latin America Guide - October 21st, 2020
- Paul Hastings Advises on Five 2019 IJGlobal Awards - July 21st, 2020
- Paul Hastings Named Law Firm of the Year - Leading International Counsel in Latin America for Project Finance - November 25th, 2019
- Trinidad Petroleum Holdings Limited Finalizes $900 Million Exchange Offer - June 28th, 2019
- EVM Tenedora Completes $740M Financing of 850 MW Power Plant - October 1st, 2018
- Elicia Ling Named Among Latin America's Rising Legal Stars by Latinvex - September 24th, 2018
- Mesa La Paz Secures Financing for Mexican Onshore Wind Project - May 31st, 2018
- Paul Hastings’ Energy and Infrastructure Practice Recognized for Four Awards Related to the Financing of the Norte III Power Plant in Mexico - May 1st, 2018
- Macquarie Capital and Techint Receive Financing for Norte III Power Plant - August 31st, 2017
- Paul Hastings Recognized for Syndicated Loan of the Year and Structured Financing of the Year by LatinFinance - January 25th, 2017
- Mexico City Airport Trust Announces $2 Billion in the Largest Green Bond Offering in Latin America - September 23rd, 2016
- Lenders Close Bank Financing for New International Airport in Mexico City - October 8th, 2015
- Recognized by Bonds & Loans Latin America & Caribbean Awards 2021 - November 1st, 2021
- Recognized for Excellence in Legal 500 Latin America 2021 Guide - October 27th, 2021
- Three Paul Hastings Partners Named Top 100 Female Lawyers - October 21st, 2021
- Winner of Three 2021 LatinFinance Project and Infrastructure Awards - September 30th, 2021
- Recognized in Chambers Latin America 2022 - August 31st, 2021
- Paul Hastings Transactions Win Two 2020 IJGlobal Awards - June 29th, 2021
- Recognized by Latin Lawyer for the 2021 Project Finance Deal of the Year - May 24th, 2021
- Recognized In Legal 500 Latin America Guide - October 21st, 2020
- Recognized at the LatinFinance 2020 Project & Infrastructure Finance Awards - October 2nd, 2020
- Recognized in Latinvex’s 2020 list of the Top 100 Female Lawyers - October 2nd, 2020
- Recognized in Chambers Latin America 2021 - September 3rd, 2020
- Law Firm of the Year - Leading International Counsel in Latin America for Project Finance - November 25th, 2019
- Recognized in Chambers Latin America 2020 - November 15th, 2019
- Recognized by Chambers Global 2019 - February 14th, 2019
- Recognized by LatinFinance for the 2018 Structured Finance Deal of the Year - January 31st, 2019
- Named Among Latin America's Rising Legal Stars by Latinvex - September 24th, 2018
- Recognized by Latin Lawyer for the 2018 Project Finance Deal of the Year - April 20th, 2018
- Recognized by IJGlobal for the represenation of Norte III - the Latin American Power Deal of the Year and Overall Deal of the Year for Infrastructure - March 15th, 2018
- Recognized by Bonds & Loans magazine for representing parties to Deals of the Year - February 16th, 2018
- Paul Hastings advises on Three PFI Award-winning Deals - December 21st, 2017
Engagement & Publications
- Panelist, "Latin American Investments/Market Update," American College of Investment Council Spring Investment Forum, April 2021.
- Panelist, "Financing Sustainable Infrastructure and Energy in a New Climate Reality," Latin America Business Conference (Latin American Business Associations (LABA) at NYU Stern and Columbia Business School and Young Professionals of the Americas (YPA)), March 2019.
- Moderator, "Filling the infrastructure gap: The developing role of institutional investment as a source of capital in Latin American infrastructure projects," Euromoney Seminars’ 12th Annual Latin American Energy & Infrastructure Finance Forum, March 2018.
- Moderator, "Colombia’s 4G roads: Assessing the financing structures employed and how these differ from the 1st to the 3rd wave," Euromoney Seminars’ 11th Annual Latin American Energy & Infrastructure Finance Forum, March 2017.