Rick Allendorf is a partner in the Real Estate practice of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm’s New York office. Mr. Allendorf’s practice is concentrated in real estate lending with a national scope, with a particular emphasis on complex debt finance. He represents institutional lenders, alternative lenders, debt funds, and construction lenders in all aspects of real estate finance and restructurings.
Mr. Allendorf’s experience includes representing lenders in originating loans intended for balance sheet, syndication, and securitization secured by commercial real estate projects of all asset types, including office, retail, hotel, multifamily, and industrial. He has extensive experience in structuring multi-stack deals with multiple layers of subordinate financing, representing both senior lenders and mezzanine lenders.
Additionally, Mr. Allendorf has extensive experience in workouts and bankruptcies, having been involved in some of the largest restructurings in multiple real estate cycles.
- Recognized as a Top Lawyer by Chambers USA, 2021
- Boston College Law School, J.D., 2002 (magna cum laude)
- Northwestern University, 1995
- Paul Hastings Ranked as Top Three Firm for New Rankings and Recognized for Numerous Practice Strength and Growth in Chambers USA 2021 - May 21st, 2021
- Paul Hastings Named ‘Real Estate Group of the Year’ by Law360 - December 23rd, 2020
- Paul Hastings Represents J.P. Morgan in Three Real Estate Financings - November 30th, 2012
- Paul Hastings Represents Morgan Stanley Capital Holdings in the $120M Financing for The Fairmont Hotel in San Francisco - April 17th, 2012
- Paul Hastings Represents The City Investment Fund, L.P. in Crowne Plaza Times Square Recapitalization - February 22nd, 2012
- Paul Hastings Represents AEW Capital Management and Miller Capital Advisory in the Refinancing of Woodfield Mall - February 17th, 2012
- Paul Hastings Advises Morgan Stanley on Sale of 1375 Broadway to Savanna - December 15th, 2010
- Paul Hastings Advises Morgan Stanley in $175 Million Loan Facility - November 9th, 2010
- Paul Hastings Bolsters Real Estate Practice with Addition of Three Lawyers in New York - April 26th, 2010
- Admitted to practice in the State of New York and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts