Eric Landau is a partner and Chair of the Real Estate Department at Paul Hastings, based in the firm’s New York office. He has developed a real estate practice representing a diverse group of clients and interests, focusing on sophisticated joint ventures, hospitality, borrowing, acquisitions, leasing, and mixed-use development transactions. In representing Millennium Partners, he calls on his experience in dealing with city and state agencies to form a public/private partnership necessary to develop large projects outside established core areas in today’s urban environment. Other clients who Mr. Landau regularly represents on their most complex real estate transactions include The Witkoff Group, Lightstone Development Group, Investcorp International, Silverstein Properties, Nobu Hospitality, Extell Development, Junius Real Estate Partners, Fisher Brothers, Morgan Stanley, Turnbridge Equities, and Related Fund Management.
- The Legal 500, Real Estate (2021)
- Chambers USA, New York Real Estate (2020)
- The Legal 500, Tier 1 Real Estate (2020)
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 1986
- University of Virginia, B.A. with Honors, 1983
- Outside general counsel for Millennium Partners, a national real estate development firm based in New York City.
- Development and financing of eight high-end mixed-use (i.e. residential/fitness/hotel/retail) projects for Millennium Partners in San Francisco, Boston, Washington, D.C., Miami, Atlanta, and New York.
- The acquisition of numerous office and apartment projects throughout the United States for Investcorp International.
- The acquisition, financing, and development work on mixed-use projects in New York City, Los Angeles, and Miami for The Witkoff Group, Lightstone Partners, and Extell Development.
- Formation of Nobu Hospitality and negotiation of 9+ franchise/management agreements around the world.
- Development, joint venture, and financing of the Aloft Hotel in Miami Beach for Madden Capital and JMH Development.
- Paul Hastings Ranked as Top Three Firm for New Rankings and Recognized for Numerous Practice Strength and Growth in Chambers USA 2021 - May 21st, 2021
- Paul Hastings Named ‘Real Estate Group of the Year’ by Law360 - December 23rd, 2020
- REEF Raises $1 Billion to Build Proximity Platform to Support the On-Demand Economy - November 4th, 2020
- Paul Hastings Practices and Lawyers Score Top Rankings in Chambers USA 2020 - May 1st, 2020
- Paul Hastings Practices and Lawyers Score Top Rankings in Chambers USA 2019 - May 1st, 2019
- Paul Hastings Practices and Lawyers Score Top Rankings in Chambers USA 2018 - May 11th, 2018
- Paul Hastings Practices and Lawyers Score Top Rankings in Chambers USA 2017 - June 5th, 2017
- Paul Hastings Practices and Lawyers Score Top Rankings in Chambers USA 2016 - June 8th, 2016
- Paul Hastings Practices and Lawyers Score Top Rankings in Chambers USA 2015 - May 20th, 2015
- Paul Hastings Practices and Lawyers Score Top Rankings in Chambers USA 2014 - May 27th, 2014
- Paul Hastings Employment Practice Honored with Chambers ''Award for Excellence'' and Firms Leading Practices and Lawyers Ranked in Chambers USA 2013 - May 27th, 2013
- Paul Hastings Represents Xinyuan Real Estate Co. in Acquisition Williamsburg Property - December 3rd, 2012
- Paul Hastings Excels in Chambers USA 2012 Guide - June 7th, 2012
- Paul Hastings Excels in Chambers USA 2011 Guide - June 10th, 2011
- Paul Hastings Advises Morgan Stanley in $175 Million Loan Facility - November 9th, 2010
- Paul Hastings Garners Top Rankings in Chambers USA 2010 Guide - June 14th, 2010
- Paul Hastings' Real Estate Practice Awarded Top Tier Ranking in 2021 Legal 500 U.S. Guide - June 18th, 2021
- Recognized by Chambers USA 2021 - May 21st, 2021
- Recognized as Law360 Practice Group of the Year in Real Estate - December 23rd, 2020
- Recognized by Chambers USA 2020 - May 1st, 2020
- Ranked by Chambers USA 2019 - April 26th, 2019
- Recognized by Chambers USA 2018 - May 15th, 2018
- Recognized by Chambers USA 2017 - June 5th, 2017
- Law360 2016 Practice Group of the Year - February 15th, 2017
- Recognized by Chambers USA 2016 - June 8th, 2016