Fengzhen Yu is a China Associate in the Litigation practice of Paul Hastings. She represents multinational corporations in internal investigations and compliance reviews. In particular, she focuses on the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), internal investigation, export controls, economic sanctions, and other enforcement matters.
Ms. Yu is admitted to the New York State Bar. She also passed the bar examination in China in 2013, but does not currently hold a Chinese practicing certificate. Ms. Yu is fluent in English and Mandarin.
- University of Michigan, LL.M., 2018
- Peking University, LL.M., 2015
- Chinese University of Political Science and Law, B.A., 2013
- Representation of various multinational corporations in internal investigations and compliance reviews in China involving FCPA and anticorruption regulatory enforcement.
- Representation of various multinational corporations in reviewing and implementing trade compliance policies in China.
- Representation of various Chinese state-owned companies in assessing U.S. trade controls compliance risks.
- Representation of U.S. capital ventures in conducting due diligence for the trade controls compliance matters for proposed merger transactions.
- Representation as trade compliance counsel of multinational companies for daily operational compliance matters in China.
- Continued Development of Data Security and Protection in China – All You Need to Know about China’s Latest Data Implementation Rules and the New Data Guidance for the Automotive Industry - December 28th, 2021
- China’s New Personal Information Protection Law and Other New Data Concerns - September 10th, 2021