Frank Lopez is the Managing Partner and Chair-Elect of Paul Hastings. Mr. Lopez is also the head of the global Securities and Capital Markets practice and a partner in the Global Finance practice. Mr. Lopez is a resident of the firm's New York office. Mr. Lopez has represented investment banks, direct lenders, private equity sponsors, and public and private companies for over 20 years in hundreds of public and private capital transactions across a broad array of sectors. He has led over 100 high-yield bond deals over the course of his career as well as dozens of IPOs and other equity capital markets transactions. Frank also regularly advises public and private companies on general corporate and securities laws matters.
Mr. Lopez has a reputation as one of the preeminent Capital Markets attorneys of his generation and has been ranked as a leading lawyer by Chambers Global, Chambers USA, and Legal 500 for capital markets each of the last 13 years, and has been described by clients as “one of the best capital markets attorneys in the nation with a wide-ranging skillset in corporate finance” as well as having “an ability to combine an exceptional technical capability with a strong commercial instinct to consistently deliver remarkable performance." Mr. Lopez was selected to The National Law Journal’s inaugural Trailblazers list recognizing the nation’s leading lawyers in Finance, Banking & Capital Markets, and also sits on the Board of Visitors of Georgetown Law School.
- Recognized by Chambers USA and Chambers Global for Capital Markets: Debt & Equity (2010-2021)
- Recognized by Legal 500 US for Capital Markets and Finance (2009-2021)
- The National Law Journal’s Trailblazers list recognizing the nation’s leading lawyers in Finance, Banking & Capital Markets.
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D.
- University of Florida, B.S.
With Highest Honors
Equity Capital Markets
- Represented Citigroup, JP Morgan, and RBC in the initial public offering of Five Point Holdings
- Represented Wells Fargo Securities, Baird, and Raymond James in the initial public offering of Mastercraft
- Represented Comtech in its public offering of common stock underwritten by Citigroup and Jefferies
- Represented Credit Suisse and Citigroup in the initial public offering and follow-on offerings of WCI Communities
- Represented Raymond James and Keefe Bruyette in the initial public offering of Alcentra
- Represented Raymond James, UBS, and Stifel in the follow-on offering of Casella Waste
- Represented an asset manager of business development companies in its initial public offering underwritten by Morgan Stanley and UBS
- Represented Pine Island Capital in the initial public offering of Pine Island Acquisition Corp.
- Represented Citigroup in the initial public offerings of Senior Connect and Sandbridge Acquisition Corp.
- Represented Jefferies in the initial public offerings of Healthcor Catalio, Clarim Acquisition and Bright Lights Acquisition as well as the ATM program for Regis Corp.
- Represented Credit Suisse in the initial public offerings of Global Synergy, Lux Healthtech and GO Acquisition.
- Represented Lexington Realty Trust in connection with various equity capital markets offerings.
- Representing investment banks, including Bank of America, Citigroup, Credit Suisse, Morgan Stanley, JP Morgan and UBS, as placement agent in dozens of PIPE offerings.
Debt Capital Markets, Leveraged Finance and Private Credit
- Represented investment banks and direct lenders in dozens of leveraged finance and private credit transactions for acquisitions by private equity sponsors, including AEA, Carlyle, Catterton, HIG, Jordan, Madison Dearborn, KKR, Thoma Bravo and TPG, including two of the three largest unitranche deals in history
- Represented Celgene in its offerings of over $10 billion of senior notes
- Represented JP Morgan Securities, Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Citigroup, and Wells Fargo Securities in a $1 billion senior notes offering of PulteGroup
- Represented Bed Bath and Beyond in its debut bond offering of $1 billion of senior notes
- Represented Jefferies and Deutsche Bank Securities in the senior notes offering of Airxcel
- Represented Grifols Worldwide in its offerings of over $3 billion of senior notes
- Represented Citigroup in the offerings of bonds to finance the construction of Citi Field, the New York Mets Stadium
- Represented Partners Group and KKR Capital Markets in the offering of private senior notes to help finance the acquisition of Envision Healthcare
- Represented Citigroup and Morgan Securities in the senior notes offering of Five Point Holdings
- Represented Light Tower Rental, a portfolio company of Clairvest, in its debut high yield bond offering
- Represented Credit Suisse and Citigroup in the senior notes offering of WCI Communities
- Represented RBC in the senior notes offering of Allen Media
- Represented GIC, KKR Asset Management, Jefferies Finance Asset Management, and Goldman Sachs Asset Management in various private high yield and direct lending transactions
- Represented Flexential, a portfolio company of GI Partners, in its debut senior secured note offering
- Represented Jefferies, UBS and RBC in the senior secured notes offering of 99 Cents, a portfolio company of Ares
- Represented Jefferies, Deutsche Bank and BofA in the senior notes offering of Providence Health
- Represented NGL Energy Partners in a $2.5 billion offering of senior secured notes
- Represented Barclays and BBVA in the senior secured notes offering of Prime Healthcare
- Represented Jefferies in the senior secured notes offering of Tacora Resources
Liability Management and Out-of-Court Restructuring
- Represented Light Tower Rental in its out-of-court restructuring and Chapter 11 filing
- Represented hedge funds in the out-of-court restructuring of an entertainment company
- Represented credit funds in the out-of-court restructuring of an investment in a media company
- Represented Flexi-Van in the exchange offer of its senior secured notes
- Represented Blaze Recycling in its exchange offer of its senior secured notes
- Represented investment banks as dealer managers and solicitation agents in dozens of tender offers, exchange offers and consent solicitations
- Paul Hastings Again Among The American Lawyer’s A-List Firms - July 27th, 2022
- Paul Hastings Recognized by Chambers Global 2022 - February 21st, 2022
- Paul Hastings’ Securities and Capital Markets Practice Finishes Record Year With Top Rankings in 2021 League Tables for Equity, Debt and Equity-linked Deals - January 18th, 2022
- Credit Suisse Serves as Sole Book-Running Manager on Upsized $240 Million IPO for Kevin Durant’s Infinite Acquisition Corp. - November 19th, 2021
- Paul Hastings Advises on 10 SPAC IPOs Totaling More Than $1.9 Billion - November 17th, 2021
- Redbox Completes Business Combination with Seaport Global Acquisition Corp. and Begins Trading on NASDAQ - October 25th, 2021
- Paul Hastings Advises on $2.7 Billion of US Debt Capital Markets Deals in Q3 2021 - October 15th, 2021
- Jefferies Serves as Sole Book-Running Manager for Home Plate Acquisition Corporation’s $200 Million IPO - October 1st, 2021
- Moody's to Acquire RMS for $2 Billion - August 5th, 2021
- Metals Acquisition Corp Prices $250 Million IPO - July 29th, 2021
- Jefferies Serves as Sole Book-Running Manager for Software Acquisition Group Inc. III’s $200 Million IPO - July 29th, 2021
- Citigroup and Morgan Stanley Serve as Joint Book-Running Managers for IPO of Alpha Partners Technology Merger Corp. - July 29th, 2021
- Paul Hastings Launches Interdisciplinary Energy Transition & Infrastructure Team to Help Clients Prepare for Low-Carbon Future - June 9th, 2021
- QTS Realty Trust to be Acquired by Blackstone Funds for $10 Billion - June 7th, 2021
- Jefferies and Citigroup Serve as Placement Agents in Babylon’s $4.2 Billion Business Combination with Alkuri Global Acquisition Corp. - June 3rd, 2021
- Paul Hastings Ranked as Top Three Firm for New Rankings and Recognized for Numerous Practice Strength and Growth in Chambers USA 2021 - May 21st, 2021
- Credit Suisse and UBS Serve as Joint Book-Running Managers for Artisan Acquisition Corp.’s $300 Million SPAC IPO - May 18th, 2021
- Seaport Global Acquisition Corp. Announces Business Combination with Apollo Portfolio Company Redbox - May 17th, 2021
- Paul Hastings’ Securities and Capital Markets Practice Ranks Highly in Q1 2021 League Tables for Equity, Debt and Equity-linked Deals - April 22nd, 2021
- Jefferies Serves as Placement Agent in Topps’ $1.3 Billion Business Combination with Mudrick Capital SPAC - April 7th, 2021
- Paul Hastings Recognized by Chambers Global 2022 - February 21st, 2022
- Recognized by Chambers USA 2021 - May 21st, 2021
- Recognized by Chambers USA 2020 - May 1st, 2020
- Recognized as NLJ Trailblazers in Finance, Banking, & Capital Markets - October 1st, 2019
- Ranked by Chambers USA 2019 - April 26th, 2019
- Market Intersection: A Quarterly Look at the U.S. Credit Markets 2Q 2022 - August 5th, 2022
- Going Public: The U.S. IPO Report -- Full Year 2020 Update - February 24th, 2022
- Market Intersection: A Quarterly Look at the U.S. Credit Markets 4Q 2021 - February 8th, 2022
- Market Intersection: A Quarterly Look at the U.S. Credit Markets 2Q 2021 - July 28th, 2021
- Market Intersection: A Quarterly Look at the U.S. Credit Markets - June 22nd, 2021
- Market Intersection: A Quarterly Look at the U.S. Credit Markets -- 4Q20 - March 2nd, 2021
- Going Public: The U.S. IPO Report - January 12th, 2021
- SEC Finally Permits Electronic Signatures in SEC Filings - November 23rd, 2020
- SEC Adopts Rules Updating Regulation S-K and Accredited Investor and Qualified Institutional Buyer Definitions - August 31st, 2020
- Market Intersection: A Quarterly Look at the U.S. Credit Markets-2Q20 - August 6th, 2020
- Delaware Supreme Court Validates Federal Forum Provisions: A Solution to the Explosion of State Court Securities Act Litigation? - March 19th, 2020
- PH COVID-19 Client Alert Series: The Impact of Coronavirus on SEC Reporting Obligations and Public Disclosure - March 13th, 2020
- Market Intersection: A Quarterly Look at the U.S. Credit Markets-4Q19 - February 13th, 2020
- Market Intersection: A Quarterly Look at the U.S. Credit Markets - 1Q19 - July 30th, 2019