Gary Kavarsky is an associate in the Global Finance practice of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm's New York office. Mr. Kavarsky regularly advises banks and alternative lenders on complex commercial finance transactions. He also has extensive experience with special situations and distressed debt transactions, including Chapter 11 reorganizations and out‑of‑court restructurings, representing both debtors and creditors.
Prior to joining Paul Hastings, Mr. Kavarsky was a member of the restructuring group at another major international law firm.
- University of California, Berkeley, School of Law, J.D., 2017
- Hofstra University, B.A. (summa cum laude), and B.B.A., 2013
Prior to joining Paul Hastings:
- Intelsat S.A. and certain of its affiliates, which operate the world’s largest satellite fleet and connectivity infrastructure in connection with the restructuring of approximately $14.7 billion of funded indebtedness in their Chapter 11 cases in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Virginia.
- Denbury Resources Inc. and 17 of its affiliates in their prepackaged Chapter 11 cases in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Texas, restructuring approximately $2.5 billion in funded indebtedness.
- Neiman Marcus Group LTD LLC and affiliates in their pre-arranged Chapter 11 cases, restructuring over $5.5 billion of funded indebtedness.
- Clover Technologies Group, LLC, a provider of aftermarket management services for mobile device carriers, in connection with its restructuring of $650 million of term loan indebtedness.
- Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Inc. and affiliates in their prepackaged Chapter 11 cases in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York.
- Blackhawk Mining LLC and its affiliates in their prepackaged Chapter 11 cases in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware.
- FullBeauty Brands Holdings Corp. and its affiliates in their Chapter 11 cases in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court of the Southern District of New York.