Hulka Lo is an associate in the Corporate practice of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm’s Hong Kong office. Her practice encompasses a wide range of corporate and commercial matters, including mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance, and general banking.
Prior to joining Paul Hastings, Ms. Lo practiced at another international law firm. She has experience in advising leading banks and financial institutions on a variety of bilateral and syndicated, secured and unsecured lending transactions involving private companies, publicly-listed companies and real estate investment trusts (REITs). She also has experience in acting for local and international clients on acquisitions, disposals, and joint ventures, with particular emphasis on the real estate sector.
Ms. Lo is admitted to practice in Hong Kong. She is fluent in English, Cantonese, and Mandarin.
- Postgraduate Certificate in Laws (PCLL), University of Hong Kong (2010)
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB), University of Hong Kong (2009)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Law) (BBA(Law)), University of Hong Kong (2007)
Acquisitions and Investments
- Mapletree China Opportunity Fund II in its divestment of Mapletree Business City Shanghai and VivoCity Shanghai
- CDH Genetech Limited, part of the CDH Investments group, in its US$1.4 billion agreement to acquire all the issued shares of Sirtex Medical Limited, an Australian medical device company, through a Scheme of Arrangement
- Sino-Ocean Group, one of the largest real estate companies in China, in its US$95 million acquisition of Soho House, a boutique hotel and members’ club in Chicago’s Fulton Market neighborhood
Banking and Finance
- A real estate fund on a RMB750 million term loan facility granted by a leading financial institution in Hong Kong to finance the acquisition of certain floors in a commercial building in Beijing
- Redsun Properties Group, a leading property developer in China, on its US$70 million term loan facility from a group of leading financial institutions.
- The mandated lead arranger in a EUR300 million term loan facility to a private fund managed by a leading PRC investment firm
Debt Capital Markets
- Redsun Properties Group, a leading property developer in China, on a series of notes issuance, including its issuance of:
- US$155 million senior notes due 2023 (to be consolidated and form a single class with the US$300 million senior notes due 2023)
- US$300 million senior notes due 2023
- US$150 million senior notes due 2022 (to be consolidated and form a single class with the US$300 million senior notes due 2022)
- Hong Seng Limited, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hong Yang Group Company Limited, a leading property developer in China, in its issuance of US$275 million senior notes due 2022 unconditionally and irrevocably guaranteed by Hong Yang Group Company Limited
- The joint lead managers on a series of notes issuance by Seazen Group Limited (formerly known as Future Land Development Holdings), a Hong Kong-listed leading PRC property developer
- The joint lead managers on a series of notes issuance by New Metro Global Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of Seazen Holdings (formerly known as Future Land Holdings), a property developer with its A shares listed on the Shanghai Stock Exchange
- Mingfa Group, a leading PRC investment company focused on property development, in its series of USD bonds issuance
- The investors: We represented the investors in the issuance of US$140 million senior notes due 2019 by Fantasia Holdings Group Co., Limited, a leading Hong Kong-listed property developer and property related service provider in China
- Paul Hastings Advises WH Group on its HK$15 Billion Conditional Voluntary Share Buy-Back Offer - June 7th, 2021
- Mingfa Issues US$200 Million in Bonds Due 2020 - February 13th, 2019
- CDH Investments to Acquire Sirtex for US$1.4 Billion - June 14th, 2018
- Sino-Ocean Group Acquires Chicago’s Soho House - April 25th, 2018
- Member of the Law Society of Hong Kong