Jade-Alexandra Fearns is a partner in the London office of Paul Hastings. Ms. Fearns focuses her practice on antitrust and competition law along with international sanctions and other regulatory and compliance related advice across a number of sectors including financial services and banking, sports, automotive, media, manufacturing, consumer goods and telecommunications.
Ms. Fearns also advises on and prepares foreign investment and national security related filings.
Ms. Fearns is recommended in the Legal 500 for the following practice areas: EU and Competition; Trade, WTO Anti-Dumping and Customs; and Sport. According to Legal 500, "competition expert Jade-Alexandra Fearns is … recommended for [sports related] regulatory and disciplinary matters."
BPP University, LPC
University of Cambridge, M.A.
- Advised a number of companies across a range of sectors in relation to CMA Phase I clearance
- Advised private equity and global investment funds and private equity in relation UK, EU and international merger filings including EU and UK phase 1 and phase 2 investigations
- Assisted a leading technology company in relation to the CMA’s Phase 1 and Phase 2 investigation in relation to a proposed minority investment into the business
- Advised a leading pharmaceutical company in relation to Article 102 TFEU allegations
- Advised global manufacturers in relation to alleged anticompetitive and cartel conduct in relation to the sale of various autoparts
- Advised a major global manufacturer in relation to the European Commission’s power cables cartel investigation (securing partial immunity) and advised Hitachi Metals in its appeal to the General Court and a number of follow on litigation matters
- Advised a major electronics corporation in relation to a complex European cartel investigation relating to electronic commodity products, securing immunity from fines
- Advised a major Japanese industrial conglomerate on EU competition law cartel investigations and associated litigation
- Advised a global leisure goods manufacturer on EU competition compliance matters and EU distribution arrangements
- Advised a luxury clothing brand in relation to European and UK competition compliance matters
- Advised on state aid aspects of the ground-breaking Malta Delimara 4 LNG-to-Power project
- Advised on the acquisition of the largest private operator of a public safety network in the world, including the UK’s 999 network
- Advised multiple global companies in relation to the design and implementation of competition compliance systems and policies
- Seconded to in-house team of global bank to provide day-to-day EU and UK competition advice
- Advised leading UK bank in relation to the CMA’s retail banking market investigation
- Advising leading technology company in relation to the EU’s sector-specific market investigation
INTERNATIONAL TRADE AND SANCTIONS
- Prepared numerous NSIA filings across a range of sectors and received unconditional clearances for each
- Advised many clients in relation to UK and international foreign investment filings and national security related reviews
- Advised a leading manufacturer in relation to the acquisition of a UK business subject to UK and international export control rules
- Advised a leading petro-chemical trading company on all aspects of trading compliance and international trade sanctions issues
- Advised a leading international (re)insurance company in relation the application of UK and international sanctions. Seconded to in-house compliance team to provide day-to-day sanctions advice
- Advised a Lloyd's syndicate, on international trade sanctions and compliance
- Advised on multiple trade, export control, and financial sanctions cases for major international insurance companies and trading houses
- Advised a leading Russian bank before the European courts in relation to its inclusion in EU sanctions
- Advised numerous companies across many industries in relation to the application of UK, EU and international sanctions and trade controls
- Advised leading sports regulatory bodies and governing bodies in relation to the application of EU and UK competition
- Advised global telecommunication companies on EU and UK competition issues relating to the acquisition of football broadcasting rights
- Advised the British Athletes’ Commission in relation to various issues affecting the elite-level athletes it represents including high-profile duty of care in sport issues, selection issues, doping allegations, and communications with NGBs and UK Sport;
- Advised elite athletes in relation to allegations of misconduct and bullying by coaching staff in a number of different sport
- Paul Hastings Advised Abry Partners in Chambers and Partners Acquisition - November 14th, 2023
- Paul Hastings Advised Abry Partners and Castik Capital in £1.15 Billion Sale of Reward Gateway to Edenred - May 17th, 2023
- Paul Hastings Grows Antitrust and Competition Offering in London with Addition of Jade-Alexandra Fearns as Partner - October 19th, 2022
Ms. Fearns is heavily involved in community and pro-bono projects providing assistance to individual clients and nonprofit organizations in litigation and transactional matters.