Jason Hill is of counsel in the Corporate practice of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm’s New York office. Mr. Hill’s practice encompasses a broad range of corporate transactional matters, with a specific focus on M&A, development, and finance transactions in the natural resources and midstream and downstream energy industry. His practice also includes advising private investment funds in connection with their formation, seeding transactions, compliance, and advisory matters. He has considerable experience advising fund clients on Investment Advisers Act registration and compliance matters.
- Cornell Law School, J.D., magna cum laude; Order of the Coif
- Cornell University, B.A., with distinction, Government
- Caithness Energy in the structuring and negotiation of development joint ventures for two gas-fired combined cycle power projects, and the acquisition of assets relating to proposed wind turbine power projects.
- Paloma Partners on a seeding transaction for a new investment fund with a multi-manager platform.
- Caithness Energy with respect to the equity financing of a nominal 1028 MW natural gas-fired combined power generation facility in Luzerne County, Pennsylvania, including the issuance by an affiliate of Caithness of preferred interests to third parties.
- Caithness Energy in the refinancing of $200 million in senior secured holdco credit facilities for Caithness Long Island, a natural gas fired power generating facility in Brookhaven, New York.
- RedBird Capital Partners in an investment in, and related structuring and service agreements of, Lifeline Capital Management, a life insurance portfolio company.
- NuStar Energy in the sale of 50% of NuStar’s asphalt refineries’ business to an affiliate of Lindsay Goldberg LLC, the provision of a large working capital revolving credit facility to the business, and the subsequent sale of the remaining portion of the business.
- Caithness Energy in the equity financing of in excess of $900 million from Caithness and GE Energy Financial Services for the construction of the Shepherds Flat wind turbine farm in Oregon.
- Tudor Investment Corporation in a number of investments, joint ventures, restructuring, seeding, and fund formation transactions.
- Goldman, Sachs & Co. in a number of investment transactions, including multiple preferred stock rounds in Reklaim Technologies, Inc., and NewZoom, Inc.
- Caithness Energy in a $2 billion sale of a portfolio of geothermal, solar, wind, and natural gas energy facilities located throughout the western United States to affiliates of ArcLight Capital Partners, LLC.
- EG Capital Group in the purchase of a majority stake in Water Pik, Inc. from The Carlyle Group together with financing in the form of first and second lien credit facilities.
- Enfoca Safi in the formation of multiple private equity investment funds focused on investments in the Andean region of South America.
- Air France Industries KLM Engineering & Maintenance Forms xCelle Americas, a Joint Venture with Triumph Group - December 8th, 2021
- Sendinblue Acquires Metrilo, Chatra and PushOwl - September 22nd, 2021
- Merck Announces Agreement to Acquire Alydia Health Before Spinoff of Organon - March 30th, 2021
- Paul Hastings Represented Caithness Energy in Sale of 845MW Shepherd’s Flat Wind Farm - March 25th, 2021
- Subversive Capital Acquisition Corp., Announces Transactions with Shawn “JAY-Z” Carter, Roc Nation, Caliva and Left Coast Ventures - November 25th, 2020
- REEF Raises $1 Billion to Build Proximity Platform to Support the On-Demand Economy - November 4th, 2020
- Sagicor Financial Corporation Completes Business Combination with Alignvest - December 11th, 2019
- Caithness Energy Announces $1.6 Billion Debt and Equity Financing for Guernsey Power Station - August 30th, 2019
- Volcom Management Launches Multi-National Operating Company in Partnership with Authentic Brands Group - April 3rd, 2019
- Alignvest to Acquire Sagicor Financial Corporation Limited for $536 Million - December 4th, 2018
- Indiana Packers to Acquire Specialty Foods Group - August 27th, 2018
- Paul Hastings Accelerates Cross-Border Transactional Growth with Addition of M&A Team in New York - March 14th, 2017