Jordan Goldman is an Associate in the Emerging Growth Companies and Mergers and Acquisitions practices at Paul Hastings. He is based in the firm’s New York office.
Mr. Goldman's practice focuses on emerging growth companies, venture capital, mergers and acquisitions and general corporate law. He represents public and private companies in a variety of transactions, including equity and debt financings, mergers, acquisitions, asset purchases, joint ventures, private placement offerings and cross-border transactions. Mr. Goldman also serves as the Co-Chair of the New York Pro Bono Committee.
Mr. Goldman received his law degree from Columbia Law School, where he was a Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar, and a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science (summa cum laude) from Union College. Mr. Goldman is admitted to practice law in New York.
Emerging Growth Companies and Venture Capital
- Orchestra BioMed, Inc., a biomedical innovation company, in connection with various corporate matters and transactions, including its $72 million Series B/B1 financings and its $110 million Series D financing
- Deerfield Management Company, in connection with various investments and joint ventures.
- RSE Ventures, the venture arm of Miami Dolphins owner and The Related Companies Chairman Stephen Ross, in connection with various transactions, including:
- its preferred equity investment in the Momofuku Restaurant Group;
- its preferred equity investment in the Fuku fast-casual restaurant chain;
- its preferred equity investment in Milk Bar; and
- its preferred equity investment in &pizza.
- Digitalis Ventures, in connection with general corporate matters and various debt and equity investments.
- Ascent Biomedical Ventures, in connection with various debt and minority equity investments.
- Orchestra Medical Ventures, in connection with various debt and minority equity investments.
- Nyca Partners, in connection with various equity investments.
- Subversive Capital, in connection with various debt and equity investments.
- Represented both companies and venture capital investors in various preferred stock financing rounds.
- Represented various foreign companies in connection with U.S. investments.
- Represented various early stage startup companies in connection with general corporate matters and financing.
Mergers & Acquisitions and Joint Ventures
- Orchestra BioMed, Inc., a biomedical innovation company, in connection with various corporate matters and transactions, including its business combination agreement to merge with a special purpose acquisition company (SPAC)
- Represented Merck in a strategic collaboration with Amathus Therapeutics to develop novel small molecule therapeutic candidates for neurodegenerative diseases.
- Represented Elanco US Inc., a subsidiary of Eli Lilly and Company, in its acquisition of Boehringer Ingelheim Vetmedica’s U.S. feline, canine and rabies vaccines portfolio and Fort Dodge manufacturing and R&D site for approximately $885 million.
- Represented Merck in connection with its acquisition of Afferent Pharmaceuticals.
- Formation counsel to Technicolor and Sony Corporation's joint patent licensing program for digital television (DTV) and computer display monitor (CDM).
- Paul Hastings Advises Orchestra BioMed in Merger with Health Sciences Acquisitions Corporation 2, Strategic Collaboration and Closing of Series D Financing - July 5th, 2022
- Merck and Amathus Therapeutics Create Strategic Collaboration to Develop Treatments for Neurodegenerative Diseases - March 17th, 2021
- CDH Investments to Acquire Sirtex for US$1.4 Billion - June 14th, 2018
- RSE Ventures Completes Series A Funding Round in Milk Bar - November 9th, 2017
- RSE Ventures Makes Strategic Investment in &pizza - October 26th, 2017
- Elanco Animal Health Acquires Boehringer Ingelheim Vetmedica’s U.S. Feline, Canine and Rabies Vaccines Portfolio - January 3rd, 2017
- Elanco US Enters into Agreement to Acquire Boehringer Ingelheim Vetmedica’s U.S. Feline, Canine and Rabies Vaccine Portfolio for $885 Million - October 5th, 2016
- Merck to Acquire Afferent Pharmaceuticals - June 9th, 2016
- Joint Book Runners Manage Blackstone Mortgage Trust, Inc. Public Offering of Class A Common Stock - June 5th, 2015
- 2021: Venture Capital Year in Review - March 11th, 2022
- Broker Registration Requirements: The SEC Proposes a Limited Conditional Exemption for Finders - October 14th, 2020
- Plx Likely Stands On Its Own, But Has Room To Grow - November 26th, 2019
- Smarter, Faster, Stronger: A New Suite of VC Model Docs - May 10th, 2018
- NYC: Municipal Benefactor to Life Sciences and Technology Venture Capital - November 21st, 2017
- Chart: Preferred Stock in Private Equity Transactions -- Key Characteristics - July 14th, 2017
- Resigning From a Board of Directors: Considerations for VC Fund Designees - March 27th, 2017
- Venture Debt: An Attractive Tool for Startup Companies - February 2nd, 2017
- The Calculus of Going Hostile: Recent Lessons from the Field - April 16th, 2015
Engagement & Publications
- 2021: Venture Capital Year in Review, Lexology (March 2022)
- Panelist, "Alumni Talks Series" for The Garnet Society, the Union College Student-Alumni Association (October 2020).
- Broker Registration Requirements: The SEC Proposes a Limited Conditional Exemption for Finders, Lexology (October 2020).
- Moderator, Union College "Money on the Mind" Financial Workshop Series (September 2020).
- PLX Likely Stands On Its Own, But Has Room To Grow, Lexology (November 2019).
- Smarter, Faster, Stronger: A New Suite of VC Model Documents, Law360; Lexology (May 2018).
- NYC: Municipal Benefactor to Life Sciences and Technology Venture Capital, Lexology (November 2017).
- Panelist, "Making an Impact: Entrepreneurship & Creative Problem-Solving" (May 2017).
- Contributor, Lexis Nexis Practice Advisor - Private Equity Content (March 2017 to Present).
- Guest Lecturer, Cornell Tech Master of Laws (LLM) program on international intellectual property transactions (March 2017).
- Resigning from a Board of Directors: Considerations for VC Fund Designees, Lexology (March 2017).
- Venture Debt: An Attractive Tool for Startup Companies, Law360 (February 2017).
- The Calculus of Going Hostile: Recent Lessons from the Field, Law360 (April 2015).
- Paul Hastings Pro Bono Committee Co-Chair, New York Office (2021 - Present); Pro Bono Coordinator, New York Office (2020-2021)
- New York City Community Board 5 (Manhattan), Member; Public Safety and Quality of Life Committee; Transportation and the Environment Committee (2019 - 2021)
- Union College Campaign Steering Committee, Co-Chair, GOLD Program (2020-Present)
- Alumni Council of Union College, Elected Member (2019-Present)
- Paul Hastings New York Recruiting Committee Member (2019 - Present)
- Paul Hastings Talent Development Committee Member (2016 - 2019)
- Union College Alumni Club of New York City, Board Member (2015 - Present)
- New York County Lawyers Association, Corporate Section Member (2015 - Present)
- Pro Bono Attorney Participant for Sanctuary for Families, Election Protection and Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts (2015 - Present)