Joseph Swanson is of counsel in the Corporate Department of Paul Hastings and is a member of the firm's Mergers and Acquisitions practice group. He is based in the firm's San Diego office.
Mr. Swanson's practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, including stock acquisitions, asset acquisitions, joint ventures, cross-border acquisitions and other business combination transactions, as well as venture capital investments and other equity financing transactions. He has considerable experience representing both public and private entities, including SPACs, private equity funds and private equity-backed companies across a wide array of industries, including technology, fintech, life sciences, software, healthcare, professional services, retail, and food and beverage, among others.
- George Washington University Law School (with honors), 2006
- University of Nevada, 1997
- Redbox Completes Business Combination with Seaport Global Acquisition Corp. and Begins Trading on NASDAQ - October 25th, 2021
- Moody's to Acquire RMS for $2 Billion - August 5th, 2021
- Acorns To Go Public in $2.2 Billion Business Combination with Pioneer Merger Corp. - May 27th, 2021
- Seaport Global Acquisition Corp. Announces Business Combination with Apollo Portfolio Company Redbox - May 17th, 2021
- Volcom Management Launches Multi-National Operating Company in Partnership with Authentic Brands Group - April 3rd, 2019
- GI Partners Completes Acquisitions of Cord Blood Registry and California Cryobank - August 14th, 2018
- GI Partners to Acquire and Simultaneously Combine Cord Blood Registry and California Cryobank - June 19th, 2018
- GI Partners to Acquire and Merge Consilio and Advanced Discovery - April 11th, 2018