Juan Martin Estrada is an associate in the Corporate practice of Paul Hastings and a member of the Infrastructure and Energy and Latin America practices. Juan Martin regularly represents sponsors and all classes of creditors in the infrastructure, oil & gas and power sectors. He has represented both debtors and creditors in the full spectrum of financing structures for projects in the region, including commercial bank debt, ECA/MLA debt, project bonds (Rule 144A/Reg S), Section 4(a)(2) private placements, and all combinations thereof. Prior to joining Paul Hastings, Juan Martin spent five years working at Brigard & Urrutia Abogados in Colombia.
- LL.M., Columbia Law School, 2018 (Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar)
- Specialization in Corporate Law, Universidad de los Andes, Colombia, 2013
- J.D., Universidad de los Andes, Colombia, 2012
- Braskem Idesa, the largest polyethylene producer in Mexico, in a US$1.2 billion high-yield sustainability-linked offering of 144A/Reg S 6.990% senior secured notes due 2032.
- Concesión La Pintada S.A.S. in the US$278 million refinancing of the Conexión Pacífico 2 toll road project in Colombia.
- Attestor Limited, Octane Capital Partners and Ellandi in acquisition of Project Mercatus GBP400 million loan portfolio from Natwest Group.
- Sacyr in connection with the issuance of COP$760,000,000,000 (approximately US$209 million) of its 4.1% 144A/Reg S senior secured UVR indexed social notes due 2045 issued by Patrimonio Autónomo Montes de María.
- Metric Capital Partners, in connection with its structured investment in certain subsidiaries of Eurohold Bulgaria AD, to support Eurohold’s acquisition of the Bulgarian electricity distribution, supply and trading business of Czech energy group, CEZ.
- Sagicor Financial Company Ltd. in the offering of US$400 million high-yield offering of 144A/Reg S 5.300% senior notes due May 13, 2028.
- Vía 40 Express S.A.S. (a Project Company) and Vinci Highways S.A.S. and Constructora Conconcreto S.A. (the Sponsors) in the limited-recourse, synthetic COP, bridge loan financing of the construction, operation and maintenance of the 4G Bogota-Giradot toll road in Colombia.
- OPAIN in the 4(a)(2) private placement refinancing of the El Dorado International Airport in Bogotá, Colombia.
- The Lenders in the financing of the design, development, construction, commission, and operation of the Autopista Mar 2 road project in Colombia (involving both USD and COP tranches).
- Electribus Bogotá in the synthetic COP financing of the purchase of 259 electric buses for the Transmilenio bus system in Bogotá, Colombia.
- Transinnova Usme S.A.S. in the ECA-guaranteed and synthetic COP financing of the purchase of 260 buses for the Transmilenio bus system in Bogotá, Colombia.
- Concesionaria Vial Montes de María S.A.S. (a Project Company) and Sacyr (the Sponsor) in the ongoing concession-based financing of the design, development, construction, commission, and operation of the Autopista Puerta de Hierro-Palmar de Varela y Carreto-Cruz del Viso road project in Colombia.
- Desarrollo Vial al Mar S.A.S. (a Project Company) and Strabag, Sacyr and Concay (the Sponsors) in the financing of the design, development, construction, commissioning and operation of the Concesión Autopista al Mar 1 road project in Colombia (involving both USD and COP tranches).
- GyM Ferrovias S.A., a subsidiary of the Peruvian construction company Graña y Montero S.A.A., its 2017 US$396 million CPAO-backed financing (a so-called "milestone financing") of the expansion of Line 1 of the Lima metro, which includes construction risk in the form of civil works, including station expansions and train and car acquisitions. The financing included a working capital revolving facility, a back-to-back financing with another SPV that will receive the CPAOs, and reimbursing the revolver disbursements as well as other international financing.
- Trinidad Generation Unlimited, which owns the largest power generation plant in Trinidad and Tobago, in connection with its debut international bond offering of US$600 million Senior Unsecured Notes due 2027 pursuant to Rule 144A and Regulation S.
- Concesión Ruta al Mar S.A.S., a subsidiary of the Colombian construction company Construcciones El Condor S.A., in the US$488 million bank-bond financing of the construction, operation and maintenance of the 4G Antioquia-Bolívar highway in Colombia.
- Paul Hastings Wins at 2021 Latin Lawyer Deal of the Year Awards - May 6th, 2022
- Paul Hastings Advises on Two 2021 IJGlobal Awards - March 21st, 2022
- Braskem Idesa Issues US$1.2 Billion of Sustainability-Linked Bonds - October 28th, 2021
- Paul Hastings Wins Three 2021 LatinFinance Project and Infrastructure Awards - September 30th, 2021
- Concesión La Pintada Secures $280 Million Refinancing for Pacífico 2 Toll Road - August 30th, 2021
- Paul Hastings advises Metric Capital in connection with the financing of Eurohold’s acquisition of CEZ - July 27th, 2021
- Sagicor Financial Company Completes $400 Million Senior Notes Offering - May 17th, 2021
- Conconcreto and Vinci Highways Complete Financing for Bogotá-Girardot Third Lane Expansion Project - February 24th, 2021
- Global Mutual Real Estate partners with BLVD Hospitality on Acquisition of Iconic LA Hotel - August 26th, 2020
- Paul Hastings Advises on Five 2019 IJGlobal Awards - July 21st, 2020