Julia Hu is a China Associate in the Corporate practice of Paul Hastings. Her practice concentrate on corporate finance and capital markets transactions, including Hong Kong registered initial public offerings, regulatory compliance, merges and acquisitions, and other corporate matters.
- University of Hong Kong, LLB, 2018
- University of California at Los Angeles, LL.M., 2019
Merges and Acquisitions
- Advised Liaoning Port on its merger by absorption with Yingkou Port, a listed company on the Shanghai Stock Exchange, through issuing A shares at a consideration of RMB16.7 billion. Ying Kou Port is the second largest port in northeastern China.
- Advised Phoenix Media Investment, a Hong Kong Stock Exchange-listed Chinese television network and Phoenix New Media Limited, a New York Stock Exchange-listed new media company, on the US$448 million sale of 32% equity interest of Particle, the operator of Yidian Zixun, a personalized news and life-style information application in China, to Run Liang Tai Management Limited.
- Advised Languang Justbon in connection with its acquisition by Country Garden Services, a listed company on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange at a consideration of RMB5.4 billion.
- Represented SinoMab BioScience, a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to R&D of therapeutics for the treatment of immunological diseases, in its issuance of HK$100 million convertible bonds due 2022.
Compliance and Regulatory
- Represented various HK listed companies including China Resources Power, Fosun Tourism Group, Languang Justbon, Liaoning Port Group, Phoenix New Media and SinoMab Bioscience on Hong Kong legal and regulatory compliance matters.