Kevin Logue is a senior counsel, and retired partner, in the Litigation practice of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm’s New York office. Mr. Logue regularly represents corporations, directors and officers, and financial institutions in a wide range of shareholder class action, derivative, mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, restructuring, and commercial contract litigation matters.
Mr. Logue has extensive experience litigating disputes involving corporate governance and fiduciary duties, mergers and acquisitions, securities fraud, and class and derivative litigation. His representative matters include defense of numerous merger fairness challenges, going-private litigation, merger injunction litigation, appraisal and dissenter’s rights actions, and investigations and litigation involving shareholder derivative claims, executive compensation, and a variety of corporate governance and fiduciary duty issues.
Mr. Logue has handled a variety of matters involving disputes in the limited partnership and limited liability company context. He has a wide array of experience representing issuers, investment companies, mutual funds, officers and directors, and advisors in a variety of litigations and investigations involving matters under the ’33, ’34 and ’40 Acts, the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, and the Securities Litigation Uniform Standards Act, as well as a variety of “holder” and other ancillary common law claims.
Mr. Logue also regularly advises and represents directors, officers, corporations, and alternative entities and financial institutions in connection with a variety of restructuring and financial services matters.
- The Legal 500 USA, Securities Litigation: Defense (2021-2022)
- St. John's University School of Law, J.D., 1984 (St. John’s Law Review, Editor-in-Chief)
- University of Kentucky, B.B.A., 1978
- Defense of Lippo China Resources Ltd. and related entities and individuals in purported limited liability company derivative litigation in Delaware.
- Defense of Enbridge Energy Partners, L.P. and related entities and directors in various Delaware publicly traded master limited partnership unitholder derivative litigation and contract disputes involving the Alberta Clipper pipeline.
- Representation of real estate investment trusts in connection with threatened derivative litigation and related investigation.
- Defense of various Helios (formerly Morgan Keegan) open-end and closed-end funds in securities class action, opt-out, and shareholder derivative litigation.
- Defense of Doral Financial Corporation and directors and officers in securities class action and derivative litigation.
- Defense of Coliseum Capital Management and related parties in a Delaware litigation challenging a stockholder vote involving Bioscrip, Inc.
- Defense of Rural/Metro Corporation and its directors in a Delaware stockholder class action litigation challenging acquisition.
- Defense of Kaydon Corporation and its directors in stockholder class action litigation in Michigan challenging its tender offer acquisition.
- Defense of Centerline Holding Company in a stockholder class action litigation challenging its acquisition transaction.
- Defense of director in securities class action and derivative litigation involving Spot Runner, Inc.
- Defense of acquirer in federal securities class action litigation challenging acquisition of Smithfield Foods, Inc.
- Defense of The Warnaco Group, Inc. and its directors in stockholder litigation challenging its acquisition transaction.
- Defense of Marvel Entertainment, Inc. and its directors in a Delaware and New York shareholder class action litigation challenging acquisition of Marvel by The Walt Disney Company.
- Defense of Hypo Real Estate Capital Corporation, a related entity, and individual director defendants in class action and derivative litigation related to the management and going private acquisition of Quadra Realty Trust, Inc.
- Paul Hastings Named to World’s Top 10 Best Investigations Practices by Global Investigations Review - October 23rd, 2020
- Paul Hastings Successfully Stops McLaren’s Unrestricted Subsidiary Financing - July 6th, 2020
- Tilray and Privateer Holdings Sign Definitive Agreement - September 12th, 2019
- Paul Hastings Represents Caladrius Biosciences, Inc. in Sale of its Subsidiary PCT to Hitachi Chemical Co America, Ltd. - May 18th, 2017
- Crestwood Equity Partners LP And Crestwood Midstream Partners LP Announce $7.5 Billion Merger - May 6th, 2015
- Paul Hastings Represents Greenway Medical Technologies in $644 Million Acquisition by Vista Equity Partners - September 23rd, 2013
- Paul Hastings Represents Cowen in Zhongpin's US$361 Million Going-Private Transaction - July 4th, 2013
- Paul Hastings Advises Catalina Marketing Corporation in $1.7 Billion Buyout By Hellman & Friedman LLC - April 18th, 2007
- Paul Hastings Advises Catalina Marketing Corporation in $1.7 Billion Buyout By ValueAct Capital - March 9th, 2007
- Ninth Circuit Broadens Shareholder Standing to Bring Securities Act Claims - September 30th, 2021
- SEC Charges SPAC, Sponsor, Merger Target, and CEOs—Claims SPAC Failed to Conduct Sufficient Due Diligence and Obtains Forfeiture of Founder’s Shares - July 19th, 2021
- Delaware Supreme Court Clarifies Elements of Disclosure Claims in Limited Partner Context - June 29th, 2020
- The Duties of Directors for Overseeing Business Risks During a Pandemic - April 24th, 2020
- PH COVID-19 Client Alert Series: Managing Risk, From Material Adverse Effects to Contractual Considerations - March 23rd, 2020
- PH COVID-19 Client Alert Series: Administrando Riscos, de Efeitos Adversos Relevantes (Material Adverse Effects) a Considerações Contratuais - March 23rd, 2020
- Delaware Supreme Court Validates Federal Forum Provisions: A Solution to the Explosion of State Court Securities Act Litigation? - March 19th, 2020
- Caremark Is Not a Chimera: Delaware Supreme Court Charges Directors to Oversee Critical Compliance Risks - June 25th, 2019
- Is New York Now a More Favorable Disclosure-Only Settlement Jurisdiction? Time Will Tell - February 24th, 2017
- Marblegate Decision Overturned by the Second Circuit Court of Appeals - January 18th, 2017
- Gift Giving and Insider Trading: The Supreme Court Rules in Government’s Favor in Significant Insider Trading Case - December 7th, 2016
- The Delaware Supreme Court Provides Guidance to the Second Circuit Regarding Investor Holder Claims - June 22nd, 2016
- Recent SEC Enforcement Action Merits a Second Look by Private Equity Firms and Fundless Sponsors at Broker-Dealer Registration - June 20th, 2016
- Delaware Legislature Acts to Limit Appraisal Rights - June 15th, 2016
- New York Court of Appeals Adopts Delaware Standard in Evaluating Controlling Shareholder Going-Private Mergers - May 13th, 2016
- Delaware Supreme Court Revisits Jurisdictional Impact of Foreign Corporations Registering to Do Business in Delaware - May 9th, 2016
- Delaware Court of Chancery Appears to Sound the Death Knell for Disclosure-Only Settlements in Merger Litigation - January 29th, 2016
- Recent Delaware Court Rulings Clarify Standing Issues in Creditor Derivative Litigation Against Allegedly Insolvent Corporation’s Directors or Officers - May 18th, 2015
- Delaware Supreme Court Holds That a Non-Exculpated Claim Against Independent Directors Must Be Pled to Survive Motion to Dismiss, Irrespective of Applicable Standard of Review for Board’s Conduct - May 14th, 2015
- The Naked Truth: The Court in Overstock.com Case Grapples with the Intricacies of Naked Short Sales - December 5th, 2014
Engagement & Publications
- Mr. Logue has written on a variety of corporate governance, securities and shareholder derivative litigation, and mergers and acquisitions issues, and is a regular speaker and commentator at securities litigation and corporate governance seminars and conferences
- Authored a chapter on Shareholder Derivative Actions for Securities Litigation: A Practical Guide (Oceana 2004), a book designed for officers, directors, and general counsel concerning securities litigation
- Contributing Author for The Standard & Poor’s Guide to Fairness Opinions (McGraw-Hill 2005)