Associate, Corporate Department
Kevin Shum is an associate in the Financial Restructuring practice at Paul Hastings, based in the firm’s London office.
Mr. Shum specialises in financial restructuring, distressed investing (distressed M&A and debt trading), enforcement options, and formal insolvency situations.
Mr. Shum regularly represents creditors, borrowers, boards, sponsors, trustees, special situations funds, insolvency practitioners, and shareholders in both non-contentious and contentious settings.
Mr. Shum previously undertook a nine-month secondment to the workout division of a leading global bank, during which he provided legal support to the business team on numerous complex debt restructurings, enforcements, debt trades, and credit management projects in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Australasian Lawyer, Rising Star (2022)
- Australasian Law Awards, Excellence Award – Young Private Practice Lawyer of the Year (30 or under) (2021)
- Lawyers Weekly 30 under 30 (Insolvency category), Winner (2020)
- Lawyers Weekly 30 under 30 (Insolvency category), Finalist (2019)
- University of Technology Sydney, ARITA Advanced Certification, Advanced Restructuring and Turnaround (2018)
- The College of Law, Sydney, GDLP (2014)
- University of New South Wales, LL.B. and BComm (Accounting) (with Distinction) (2013)
- Law Society of New South Wales