Partner, Corporate Department
HoustonPhone: 1(713) 860-7309
New YorkPhone: 1(212) 318-6737
Kfir Abutbul is a partner in the Corporate department of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm’s Houston and New York offices. He serves as the Vice Chair of the Firm’s Energy & Infrastructure Practice, and leads the Firm’s efforts in connection with the Energy Transition initiative as the Chair of the multidisciplinary Energy Transition Team founded by the Firm in 2021. Mr. Abutbul’s practice focuses on advising financial sponsors, private equity funds and private credit funds. For these clients, Mr. Abutbul focuses on complex equity investments, including structured equity products (including participating and non-participating preferred equity, convertible securities, holdco PIK investments and related complex products), M&A and leveraged buyouts and joint ventures. Mr. Abutbul has particular expertise with energy and power, batteries and storage, renewable power and related infrastructure and chemical and other ancillary businesses.
In addition, Mr. Abutbul has also represented clients in a variety of other industries requiring significant expertise in complex structuring of equity investments, including in the software, healthcare, and industrial verticals.
Mr. Abutbul’s practice has significant reach in global markets, and he has represented clients in transactions involving global assets and locations beyond the United States, including the United Kingdom and elsewhere in Europe, Asia, Africa, Mexico, and his native Israel. He has been recognized in 2022 by The Legal 500 in the Energy: Renewable/Alternative Power and Private Equity Buyouts nationwide. He is a fluent speaker of English and Hebrew.
- Columbia Law School, J.D., 2010
- University College London, LL.B., 2010
- Oak Hill Advisors in connection with the $1.8 billion capital investment into Bluesource, in one of the largest ever sustainable forest platforms in the United States.
- Represent Guggenheim Partners in connection with multiple transactions involving complex debt and equity commitments, including preferred equity investments.
- Represented Sandbrook Capital in multiple transactions, including its formation.
- Oak Hill Advisors in connection with its $500 commitment of preferred equity to BlueSource.
- Morgan Stanley Private Credit in connection with multiple preferred equity transactions.
- Represented OnyxPoint Global Management in connection with its investments in Sable Permian Resources and related restructuring.
- White Oak Global Advisors in connection with multiple transactions.
- Irradiant Partners in connection with multiple transactions.
- Represented a consortium of multiple sponsors in connection with their preferred equity investment in veterinary business.
- Represented an undisclosed financial sponsor in its preferred equity commitments of over $500 million and debt commitments of over $100 million, in connection with the development and construction of multiple battery storage facilities in the United States.
- Represented a consortium of premier sponsors in connection with the recapitalization of Getronics and related new capital investments
- Paul Hastings Advises Oak Hill Advisors in One of Largest-Ever Private U.S. Conservation-Focused Forest Investments - November 2nd, 2022
- Law360 Appoints Kfir Abutbul to Energy Editorial Advisory Board - April 15th, 2022
- Paul Hastings Advises on Formation of Sandbrook Capital to Invest in Entrepreneurs Building a Low-Carbon Future - November 3rd, 2021
- Oak Hill Advisors Teams with Bluesource for $500 Million Joint Venture on Carbon Offsets - October 14th, 2021
- Paul Hastings Launches Interdisciplinary Energy Transition & Infrastructure Team to Help Clients Prepare for Low-Carbon Future - June 9th, 2021
- Paul Hastings Represented PE Executives in Departure from Riverstone Holdings - March 24th, 2021
- PBF Energy Closes $530 Million Sale of Operating Hydrogen Plants - April 20th, 2020
- Lotte Chemical USA Sells Membership Interests in LACC to Eagle US for US$816.5 million - November 14th, 2019
- Private Equity Growth Continues at Paul Hastings with Hire of Transatlantic Team in London and Washington D.C. - July 17th, 2019
- Paul Hastings Global Derivatives Push Advances - May 2nd, 2019
- Private Equity Push, Silicon Valley Surge Continue for Paul Hastings with Addition of PE Partner, Co-Chair of Israel Practice - March 5th, 2019
- Paul Hastings Continues Corporate Growth Hot Streak, Adding Top Tech M&A Team in Silicon Valley - February 22nd, 2019
- Garsite and AFI Partners Acquire Aviation and Truck Equipment - February 15th, 2019
- Finance and Funds Expansion Continues at Paul Hastings with Partner Addition in Houston - November 5th, 2018