Laura Yip is an associate in the Corporate practice of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm’s San Diego office. Her practice focuses on commercial transactions and IP assets of life sciences and technology companies in the contexts of acquisition and investment, licensing, collaboration, and secured lending transactions, including on behalf of both sellers and purchasers, licensors and licensees, lenders and borrowers, as well as equity investors, underwriters, and research institutions.
Ms. Yip helps companies protect the value of their sensitive information and the IP developed by their employees and consultants. In addition, she performs intellectual property and commercial due diligence reviews in connection with a broad range of domestic and international deals for a number of public and private entities. Ms. Yip also prosecutes trademark applications and counsels clients in related matters.
Prior to joining Paul Hastings, Ms. Yip represented public and private companies in a broad range of corporate and securities transactions at other multinational law firms.
- New York University School of Law, J.D., 2009
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology, B.S., Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, 2006
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology, B.S., Management Science, 2006
- Wolters Kluwer Health, advised Wolters Kluwer Health in its $150 million acquisition of Learner’s Digest International, LLC.
- Samsung Bioepis Co., Ltd., a biotechnology division of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., in connection with manufacturing services agreements for drug products and drug delivery devices.
- Transgenomic, Inc., a global biotechnology company, in connection with a patent and technology license agreement with Exiqon, AQ for components used in Transgenomic’s assays for detecting genetic mutations.
- Telogis, Inc., a provider of location intelligence solutions, in intellectual property licensing and commercial contracts matters with third parties including Ford and General Motors, as well as patent and commercial contracts diligence related to potential acquisitions of other companies offering location-tracking technology.
- Francisco Partners Makes Significant Growth Investment in Veson Nautical - March 17th, 2022
- Teleperformance Group Acquires Senture - December 28th, 2021
- Francisco Partners Announces Sale of Quest Software - November 30th, 2021
- Paul Hastings Advises on Formation of Sandbrook Capital to Invest in Entrepreneurs Building a Low-Carbon Future - November 3rd, 2021
- Paul Hastings Advises 2U, Inc. in Acquisition of edX - June 29th, 2021
- LINK Mobility strengthens position in U.S. with acquisition of Message Broadcast, LLC - June 21st, 2021
- Precisely to Acquire Winshuttle from Symphony Technology Group - June 15th, 2021
- Seaport Global Acquisition Corp. Announces Business Combination with Apollo Portfolio Company Redbox - May 17th, 2021
- Jasper Therapeutics to Merge with Amplitude Healthcare Acquisition Corporation to Create a Publicly Listed Leading Biotechnology Company in Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation - May 6th, 2021
- Healthcare Bluebook Acquires Quality Division of Quantros - February 25th, 2021
- Teleperformance Announces Acquisition of West Health Advocate Solutions from Intrado Corporation - October 27th, 2020
- Moody’s Corporation to Acquire Regulatory DataCorp - January 24th, 2020
- Francisco Partners and Evergreen Coast Capital to Acquire LogMeIn for Approximately $4.3 Billion - December 19th, 2019
- Teleperformance Announces Acquisition of Intelenet from Blackstone - June 14th, 2018
- Vector Capital to Acquire Sandvine Corporation - May 30th, 2017
- Saba Software and Vector Capital to Acquire Halogen Software - February 27th, 2017
- Teleperformance to Acquire LanguageLine Solutions for $1.5 Billion - August 22nd, 2016
- Fujian Grand Chip Investment Fund Acquires Germany’s Aixtron for €670 Million - May 25th, 2016