Maddie Doucet is an associate in the Employment Law Department of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm's Washington, D.C. office. In her practice, she defends employers in a wide range of employment disputes. Ms. Doucet also provides practical advice to employers on compliance with federal, state, and local laws affecting everything from the initial employment application to the end of the employment relationship. In particular, Ms. Doucet has expertise in defending and advising on claims related to employment discrimination, harassment, and retaliation, employment-related background and credit checks, workplace health and safety, and drug testing programs.
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D. (cum laude), 2017
- Bryan College, B.A. (summa cum laude), 2012
- Represented a major food processor in trade secrets litigation against former employee and competitor, resulting in favorable settlement and injunctive relief.
- Defended a financial products cooperative against claims of sex discrimination by former employee, resulting in employee's voluntary withdrawal of her complaint.
- Represented multiple clients in appeals of OSHA citations related to COVID-19 safety measures.
- Represented a utility cooperative in appeal of OSHA citations issued after employee fatality, resulting in favorable settlement.
- Led litigation prevention audit of background check processes for Fortune 100 retailer.
- Conducted internal investigations for multiple clients into allegations of violations of company policy and applicable law.
Engagement & Publications
- Published by LexisNexis, Thomson Reuters Westlaw, Law360, Occupational Health & Safety, and the Georgetown Journal of Gender and the Law.
- Delivered CLE presentation on Employer Compliance Reminders as FCRA Class Actions Rise.
- Employment Working Group Co-Chair, Law Firm Antiracism Alliance
- Board Member, Coalition for Responsible Home Education