Associate, Litigation Department
Washington, D.C.Phone: 1(202) 551-1882
Mary Hamner Walser is an associate in the Litigation practice of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm’s Washington, D.C. office. She represents clients in antitrust and competition-related matters including merger and acquisition approval under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Act and state and federal antitrust litigation matters. Ms. Walser has represented clients in numerous industries, including health care, information technology, agriculture, transportation, telecommunications, and media. She received her law degree from the William and Mary School of Law, cum laude, in 2012. Ms. Walser earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics from the University of Virginia in 2006. She is admitted to practice law in Virginia and the District of Columbia.
- David H. Murdock and Dole Food Company in the sale of a 45% stake to Total Produce.
- A leading containership operator in an ongoing grand jury investigation focused on price fixing/bid rigging in the shipping industry.
- Samsung Electronics in the international merger control review of its $8 billion acquisition of Harman International industries, Inc.
- Putative class of consumer packaged goods companies against dominate provider of in-store promotion and free-standing insert coupons.
- American Airlines in connection with the DOJ antitrust review and challenge to the merger between American Airlines and US Airways.
- Gannett Co., Inc. in connection with antitrust review of its merger with Belo Corp., a leading broadcast television company, a transaction valued at approximately $2.2 billion.
- Jack Cooper Holdings Corp. in the antitrust review of its bankruptcy acquisition of competitor Allied Systems Holdings, a deal valued at $135 million, creating North America’s largest auto transportation company.
- MetroPCS Communications in the antitrust review of its reverse merger with T-Mobile USA, valued at over $10 billion.
- LG Display in price-fixing civil litigation brought by individual purchasers and state attorneys general in federal and state courts regarding the TFT-LCD flat panel display components.
- Paul Hastings Advised Symphony Technology Group in $1.5 Billion Acquisition of Momentive Global - June 2nd, 2023
- Paul Hastings Advises Vector Capital in Acquisition of Riverbed Technology - May 30th, 2023
- Paul Hastings Advises Symphony Technology Group in $1.5 Billion Acquisition of Momentive Global - March 14th, 2023
- Paul Hastings Advised SD Biosensor and SJL Partners in Acquisition of Meridian Bioscience - February 6th, 2023
- Paul Hastings Advises Groundworks in Investment Partnership with KKR - February 3rd, 2023
- Paul Hastings Advises Vector Capital in Sale of MarkLogic to Progress - January 3rd, 2023
- Francisco Partners Makes Significant Growth Investment in Veson Nautical - March 17th, 2022
- Teleperformance Group Acquires Senture - December 28th, 2021
- Francisco Partners Announces Sale of Quest Software - November 30th, 2021
- Proctor & Gamble to Acquire Farmacy Beauty - November 16th, 2021
- SpotOn to Acquire Appetize Technologies for $415 Million - September 15th, 2021
- Taboola Acquires Connexity from Symphony Technology Group - July 23rd, 2021
- Precisely to Acquire Winshuttle from Symphony Technology Group - June 15th, 2021
- Francisco Partners to Acquire Forcepoint from Raytheon Technologies - October 28th, 2020
- SmartBear Secures Investment from Vista Equity Partners - October 26th, 2020
- Total Produce to Acquire Substantial Stake in Dole Food Company - February 1st, 2018
- Paul Hastings Pens Amicus Brief for Senators Urging the Court to Uphold President Obama’s Immigration Executive Actions - April 8th, 2015
- FTC Announces Revised HSR Filing Fees and Increased HSR Thresholds - January 26th, 2023
- Director Interlocks Draw DOJ’s Antitrust Attention - October 25th, 2022
- Increased HSR Thresholds Announced for 2022 - January 24th, 2022
- HSR Early Terminations Suspended - February 4th, 2021
- Reduced HSR Thresholds Announced for 2021 - February 2nd, 2021
- Revised German Merger Control Thresholds Will Lessen Regulatory Hurdles for Many Cross-Border Deals and Focus Greater Attention on Those with Competitive Implications - January 20th, 2021
- HSR Early Terminations Return, But Timing Challenges May Persist in Some Reviews - March 29th, 2020
- New HSR Thresholds Announced for 2020 - January 29th, 2020
- Responding to Corporate Criminal Investigations - April 29th, 2013
Engagement & Publications
- Ms. Walser is a co-author of Responding to Federal Corporate Criminal Investigations, a desk reference for defense counsel and corporate executives on responding to federal government investigations, and developing proactive strategies to prevent and mitigate corporate criminal liability.
- Breaking the Glass Ceiling: Women in the Boardroom, A Study of Major Global Changes (2014)
- Lee F. Berger and Mary H. Walser, "New Faces on the Bench: Profile of District Judge Haywood Gilliam," Antitrust and Unfair Competition Law E-Brief (State Bar of California) (February 2015)
- "Executive Summary: Panel Summaries from FTC-DOJ Workshop on Examining Health Care Competition, February 24-25, 2015," American Health Lawyers Association Weekly (March 2015)
- Michael S. Wise, Noah B. Pinegar, and Mary H. Walser, U.S. Merger Control in the High-Technology Sector, The Merger Control Review – 11th Edition (Aug. 2020)