Max Rosenberg is an associate in the Corporate department of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm’s New York office. He focuses his practice on the representation of private investment fund sponsors, managers and investors in all aspects of the structuring, documenting, offering, negotiating and operating of private investment funds and related investment vehicles, including real estate, debt, infrastructure and private equity funds, and co-investment vehicles. He regularly addresses issues arising under corporate, partnership, securities, investment management, ERISA, and tax laws.
Mr. Rosenberg assists in advising financial institutions, investment managers and institutional investors, and regularly negotiates fund structures and terms with leading domestic and foreign pension plans, foundations, endowments, insurance companies, and other institutions. He also has experience in organizing and negotiating co-investment vehicles, structuring promote arrangements for investment management team members, representing investment funds and investors in connection with the secondary sale of fund interests, and advising with respect to issues relating to capital commitment-backed subscription line credit facilities.
Mr. Rosenberg received his J.D. degree, cum laude, from the University of Pennsylvania Law School in 2013, where he was a Levy Scholar and earned a Business, Economics and Public Policy Certificate from the Wharton School. He earned his B.A. degree, summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, from UCLA in 2009.
Mr. Rosenberg serves on the firm’s recruiting committee and is co-chair of the New York office summer associate program.
Mr. Rosenberg is admitted to practice law in New York.
Recent representative matters include:
- New York-based insurance company’s asset management group in connection with its sponsorship and management of multiple private investment funds and co-investment vehicles raising in excess of $6 billion in the aggregate to invest in global assets including real estate, farmland, timber and infrastructure projects, and related matters.
- New York-based insurance company’s asset management group in connection with the formation of various co-sponsored fund arrangements.
- Artemis Real Estate Partners in connection with the sponsorship and management of multiple real estate funds and separate account arrangements, and related matters.
- AEW Capital Management in connection with the sponsorship and management of multiple Asia real estate funds and related co-investment vehicles, and related matters.
- The Sterling Organization in connection with the sponsorship and management of multiple retail real estate funds, and related matters.
- Primary Wave Music Publishing in connection with the sponsorship and management of multiple music IP investment funds, and related matters.
- Various institutional investors in connection with investments in private investment vehicles.
- AEW Capital Management Raises Over $1.5 Billion for its Fourth Asia Pacific Value-Add Fund - September 13th, 2021
- The Davis Companies Closes Latest Value-Add Real Estate Fund - October 5th, 2020
- Artemis Real Estate Partners Closes $1 Billion Real Estate Fund - April 3rd, 2019
- The Sterling Organization Closes New Retail-Focused Real Estate Fund - August 7th, 2018
- AEW Capital Management Raises $1.12 Billion for New Fund Focused on Asia Real Estate - July 30th, 2018
- Artemis Real Estate Partners Forms New Healthcare-Focused Real Estate Fund - August 14th, 2017
- AEW Capital Management Closes New Fund Focused on Asia Real Estate - September 12th, 2016
- Acadia Realty Trust Closes $520 Million Real Estate Fund - September 9th, 2016
- Paul Hastings Represents Sterling Value Add Partners II in the Formation of a $311 Million Fund - December 18th, 2014
- SEC’s New Advertising Rule to Impact PPM Track Record Presentations - August 20th, 2021
- Real Estate Fund Documentation and Operations May Be Impacted By SEC Risk Alert - November 20th, 2020
- SEC Amends Definition of “Accredited Investor” and “Qualified Institutional Buyer” - September 17th, 2020
- A Guide to Limited Partner Secondary Sales for Real Estate Private Equity Investors - March 2nd, 2020
- Applying GDPR to Private Investment Funds: When to Ask an Expert - August 21st, 2018