Miles Flynn is a partner in the Real Estate Department in the London office of Paul Hastings. He has a broad range of experience covering banking, debt capital markets, and debt restructuring transactions and his practice focuses on the financing, restructuring, and securitization of real estate and real estate debt.
- Recommended for Real Estate Finance by Chambers UK 2020: 'Miles Flynn is "an exceptionally clever and pragmatic lawyer," remark impressed clients, while others note: "His knowledge of the market is just astounding."'
- Recommended for Securitisation and Property Finance by Legal 500 UK 2020: "Miles Flynn is everything you could want in a partner: intelligent, hardworking, tenacious when he needs to be, and incredibly commercial, both on deals and as a client relationship person."
- Recommended for Securitisation and Real Estate Property Finance by Legal 500 2018
- Recommended for Real Estate Finance by Chambers UK 2019
- Miles Flynn is gaining prominence for his handling of real estate finance, and his capabilities include both lender and borrower-side representation. Highlighted as "an excellent lawyer with a strong grasp of banking and corporate law mixed with commercial sense. He has a habit of finding solutions to complex legal problems which helps gets deals across the line." – Chambers UK 2019
- Ranked by The Financial News as one of the "Rising Stars in Legal Services" (2016)
- "Miles Flynn has an 'outstanding work ethic', and is 'diligent, thoughtful, and always available'." — Legal 500 UK (2015)
- "Structured Finance & Securitisation Team of the Year" at the IFLR 2016 Europe
- Advised Deutsche Bank on the Florentia CMBS, winner of the "Structured Finance and Securitisation Deal of the Year" in the IFLR European Awards 2013 and for which Paul Hastings was commended in the Financial Times Innovative Lawyers Awards 2013 for advising "on the first agency commercial mortgage-backed security since the 2008 financial crisis"
- Advised Capita on the Xanadu transaction for which Paul Hastings was also commended in the Financial Times Innovative Lawyer Awards 2013 for "Deploying a structure new to the German market to enable the restructuring of commercial mortgage-backed securities"
- Advised Deutsche Bank on the DECO 2011-CSPK CMBS, winner of the "Structured Finance and Securitisation Deal of the Year" in the IFLR European Awards 2012
- Recommended in the "Finance: securitisation" section of Legal 500 (2012)
- University of Newcastle upon Tyne, B.A. (Hons), 1998
- College of Law, London, CPE, 2000
- College of Law, London, LPC, 2001
- Mr. Flynn's clients have included Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Capita, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, Hatfield Phillips International, and Oaktree.
- Paul Hastings Practices and Lawyers Recognized for Excellence in Legal 500 United Kingdom 2022 - October 1st, 2021
- Financial Times Recognizes Paul Hastings for Innovation in Europe - October 2nd, 2020
- Mount Street and Paul Hastings Join Forces on LIBOR Replacement Service for Real Estate Loans - April 1st, 2020
- Paul Hastings Advises Hatfield Philips International on 268 Million Sale of Residential Real Estate Portfolio - January 14th, 2014
- Leading UK Real Estate Partner David Ryland Joins Paul Hastings - November 4th, 2013
- Paul Hastings Represents Deutsche Bank AG, London Branch in the DECO 2013-CSPK CMBS Securitisation - June 19th, 2013
- Paul Hastings Advises Capita Asset Services as Special Servicer in the Sale of the Xanadu Loan - January 24th, 2013
- Paul Hastings Represents Deutsche Bank AG in €887 Million CMBS for the Vitus Group - September 28th, 2012
- Paul Hastings advises on the first publicly offered European CMBS since the credit crunch - June 28th, 2011
- First European CMBS Deal to be Extended - February 26th, 2010
- Mr. Flynn joined Paul Hastings from a leading global investment bank where he was a director in the fixed income department prior to which he was an associate in the London office of a multinational law firm.
- Admitted to practice as a solicitor in England and Wales