Nicholas J. Guidi is an associate in the Corporate practice of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm’s Washington, D.C. office. Mr. Guidi is a member of the Energy practice, where he provides counsel on a broad range of energy regulatory and transactional matters.
Before joining Paul Hastings, Mr. Guidi was an Attorney-Adviser in the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission’s (FERC) Office of the General Counsel, Energy Markets division. Prior to that, Mr. Guidi was an Attorney-Adviser at FERC’s Office of Administrative Law Judges and Dispute Resolution. At FERC, he specialized in numerous topics, including matters involving wholesale electricity markets, regional transmission organization markets, cost-of-service, return on equity, interconnection, distributed energy resources, electric storage resources, and filings made pursuant to sections 205, 206, and 219 of the Federal Power Act.
Mr. Guidi received his J.D., cum laude, from William & Mary Law School in 2015, where he served on the editorial staff of the William & Mary Environmental Law and Policy Review. He received his B.A. in History and English, magna cum laude, from Boston College.
Admitted to practice in Massachusetts and District of Columbia.
- William & Mary Law School, J.D., 2015
- Boston College, B.A., 2012
- FERC Updates Tolling Order Practice in Wake of D.C. Circuit Opinion - July 15th, 2020
- Department of Energy Issues Request for Information to Bolster Bulk Power System Executive Order - July 14th, 2020
- D.C. Circuit Bars FERC Tolling Orders on Rehearing, Upending Agency’s Review Process - July 8th, 2020