Dr. Regina Engelstädter is a partner in the Corporate practice of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm’s Frankfurt office. She advises clients on domestic and international M&A transactions and corporate matters including corporate restructurings and joint ventures. Dr. Engelstädter advises strategic and financial investors in auction processes and buy-outs. She also advises on foreign direct investment reviews.
- Dr. Engelstädter was recognized by International Advisory Experts (IAE) Awards 2022 as "Corporate Lawyer of the Year" in Germany
- Chambers Global Germany Corporate/M&A: Mid-Market (2022)
- Dr. Engelstädter is listed by "The Best Lawyers in Germany" Handelsblatt for M&A and Private Equity 2022
- She is "frequently recommended" for Private Equity and M&A (JUVE 2020/2021)
- Dr. Engelstädter was recognized by Who’s Who Legal: Germany 2020 as "a superb advocate who enjoys a fantastic reputation in the market for providing expert advice on domestic and international M&A transactions"
- JUVE recommends Dr. Engelstädter as "very efficient" (2020/2021)
- "Finance Top Deal of the Year" awarded by the National Association of Mergers & Acquisition in cooperation with the magazine Finance for excellence in strategy and implementation of an M&A transaction (advised Schott AG on the sale of Schott Medica GmbH and related business units)
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe University, Dr. iur., 1997
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe University, 2 St Exam, 1998
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe University, 1 St Exam, 1994
- Appointment as notary public by the President of the Higher Regional Court of Frankfurt am Main
- Advised Boon Rawd Brewery Company Limited in connection with a Joint Venture agreement with Valensina Holding GmbH. Valensina is a leading German fruit juice manufacturer and the second largest branded fruit juice company in Germany.
- Advised a financial investor in connection with the acquisition of sales offices from Daimler AG.
- Advised Dexcom, Inc. (NASDAQ: DXCM), a leading manufacturer of blood pressure monitors (Dexcom G5 Mobile Continous Glucose Monitoring System) in connection with the acquisition of Nintamed Group in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
- Advised Fujian Grand Chip Investment Fund LP (FGC), a Chinese investor, in connection with the public takeover offer regarding all shares of Aixtron SE.
- Advised Hansol on its acquisition of all share capital of R+S Group GmbH, a thermal paper converting company in Germany, and on the acquisition of Schades Group from Capidea Kapital, a Danish private equity fund.
- Advised financial investor Keensight Capital in connection with the acquisition of aap Biomaterials GmbH, a subsidiary of aap Implanate AG.
- Advised financial investor Madison Industries, on the acquisition of the Porous Technologies business of UK-based industrial group Essentra plc for £220 million.
- Advised the biopharmaceutical company MSD (tradename of Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, N.J., USA (NYSE: MRK)) on its acquisition of Munich-headquartered therapeutics company Rigontec.
- Advised Nexter Systems SA on the defense Joint Venture with Nexter Systems SA and Krauss-Maffei Wegmann GmbH & Co. KG.
- Advised Publicis Group SA (Starcom Mediavest Group GmbH) in connection with the Acquisition of AKM3 and AKOM360 GmbH, a leading German digital agency located in Munich and Düsseldorf.
- Advised Schott AG, an international technology group and one of the world’s largest producers of industrial glass and glass products, in connection with the Sale of Schott Medica GmbH and related business units.
- Advised Shanghai Fosun Pharmaceutical (Group) Co., Ltd. (“Fosun Pharma”; Stock Code: 600196.SH, 02196.HK), one of the leading Chinese healthcare groups, in forming a strategic alliance with Biopharmaceutical New Technologies of Germany (“BioNTech”; Nasdaq: BNTX) to develop and commercialize a vaccine that prevents COVID-19 infections using BioNTech’s mRNA vaccine candidate BNT162.
- Advised SMA Solar Technology AG in the acquisition of Tigo Energy Inc.
- Paul Hastings Advises Vector Capital in Acquisition of Riverbed Technology - May 30th, 2023
- Paul Hastings Again Recognized by Chambers Europe 2023 - March 20th, 2023
- Paul Hastings Advises Four 20 Pharma on 55% Acquisition Stake by Curaleaf - August 9th, 2022
- Paul Hastings Recognized by Chambers Global 2022 - February 21st, 2022
- Providence Equity Partners Invests in Marlink - September 13th, 2021
- Legal 500 EMEA Guide Recognizes Paul Hastings in France and Germany - April 21st, 2021
- Fosun Pharma and BioNTech Form COVID-19 Vaccine Strategic Alliance in China - March 18th, 2020
- Hansol Paper Sells European Companies to Iconex - November 6th, 2018
- CDH Investments to Acquire Sirtex for US$1.4 Billion - June 14th, 2018
- MSD to Acquire Therapeutics Pioneer Rigontec - September 7th, 2017
- Filtration Group Acquires Essentra’s Porous Technologies Business - August 25th, 2016
- Fujian Grand Chip Investment Fund Acquires Germany’s Aixtron for €670 Million - May 25th, 2016
- Keensight Capital Undertakes Complex German Acquisition and Subsequent Italian Merger - May 12th, 2016
- DexCom Acquires its Distributor in Germany, Switzerland and Austria - May 2nd, 2016
- Singha Europe Company Invests in Germany's Valensina Holding - November 16th, 2015
- Hansol Paper Acquires German Thermal Paper Converting Company - September 7th, 2015
- France’s Nexter Systems Merges with Germany’s KMW - July 29th, 2015
- Publicis Group/Starcom Mediavest Group Acquires Akom 360 - June 24th, 2015
- Paul Hastings Advises U.S. PE Portfolio Companies on Acquisitions in UK, Germany and Canada - February 12th, 2015
- Paul Hastings Advises Publicis Group/ZenithOptimedia on Acquisition of Germany’s AKM3 - September 10th, 2014
- OECD and European Commission’s Reports on Foreign Investment Mechanisms - January 31st, 2022
- Further Tightening of Transparency Obligations in Germany - March 15th, 2021
- Further Tightening of Foreign Investment Control in Germany - February 12th, 2021
- Foreign Investment Control and COVID-19 in Germany - June 24th, 2020
- PH COVID-19 Client Alert Series: Force Majeure Provisions // German Legislator Aims to Mitigate Consequences of the Corona-Pandemic by Changing Civil, Corporate, and Insolvency Law - March 24th, 2020
- Cross-border M&A: A Different Mindset - November 18th, 2019
- New German Act to Combat Corporate Crime - September 12th, 2019
- EU Adopted Regulation on Screening of Foreign Investments - September 12th, 2019
- EU Screening of Foreign Investments - December 19th, 2018
- Watch European Leaders Weigh in on Cross-Border M&A - February 10th, 2015
- Global M&A: Momentum for Growth Report - February 9th, 2015
- Global M&A 2014 Mid-Year Report - July 25th, 2014
- Where are the greatest investment opportunities for inbound European M&A? - May 16th, 2014
- The German Foreign Trade Law and Its Effects on International M&A Transactions - January 13th, 2014
- New EU Data Protection Laws - European Parliament Proposes Restrictive Data Protection Laws in Europe - November 20th, 2013
- Joint Venture Agreements in Light of Emerging Accounting Amendments - July 16th, 2013
Engagement & Publications
- Dr. Engelstädter is a speaker at seminars on corporate / M&A law issues, including "Cross Border M&A" and "Shareholder Activism, Public Intervention und Legal Tech".