Richard Kitchen is a partner in the Corporate practice of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm's London office. His practice focuses on general banking, alternative credit and international acquisition and leveraged finance transactions. Mr. Kitchen has significant experience acting for private equity sponsors, corporate borrowers and creditors on a wide range of debt capital structures in the European mid-cap and large-cap markets. He draws on a wealth of experience including syndicated cov-lite and cov-loose financings, second lien loan financings, super senior revolving credit facility and high yield bond financings, stretched senior and unitranche financings, as well as subordinated instruments including PIK and preferred equity. Mr. Kitchen’s clients include private equity sponsors, investment banks and providers of alternative credit.
- Named to Private Debt Investor's annual list of Rising Stars, which features 40 individuals under the age of 40 who have the potential to shape the future of the private debt asset class. Richard was noted for his "able reputation in complex European and transatlantic corporate and leveraged acquisition finance deals, as well as subordinated debt investments."
- The 'smart and pragmatic' Richard Kitchen is a 'good person to have involved in a complex deal' - Legal 500
- Named as a ‘Rising Star’ by IFLR 2019
- Advised Abry Partners in respect of a unitranche financing provided by Barings and ICG to support the recommended public-to-private acquisition of LINK Mobility Group valued at NOK 3.396 billion (€357.8 million)
- Advised Goldman Sachs and Citigroup as arrangers in respect of the financing for the recommended public-to-private acquisition by Advent International of Laird PLC for over £1 billion.
- Advised Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, HSBC, JPMorgan, BNP Paribas, and Lloyds as arrangers in respect of €900 million of senior facilities to finance the acquisition of IPH Group by Brammer, a portfolio company of Advent International.
- Advised the second lien investors in respect of the privately placed second lien facility to finance Hellman & Friedman’s €5.3 billion public-to-private acquisition of Nets A/S.
- Advised the preferred equity investor in respect of the $63 million subscription for preference shares in connection with the acquisition by a tier 1 private equity sponsor of a Swedish based technology and infrastructure provider for financial institutions.
- Advised the holdco PIK investor in respect of the €30 million PIK facility provided to a mid-market private equity sponsor in respect of its acquisition of a leading provider of insulation headquartered in Belgium.
- Advised Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, and HSBC as arrangers in respect of the financing for Advent International and Bain Capital’s €700 million acquisition of German payment services business Concardis.
- Advised a sovereign wealth fund in relation to its investment in first lien, second lien and preferred equity instruments in respect of the financing for a Hong Kong-based private school group owned by a top tier Asian private equity sponsor.
- Advised a sovereign wealth fund in relation to a $160 million holdco PIK facility for a Bermuda based satellite communications company owned by a top tier European private equity sponsor.
- Advised Lloyds, ING, and HSBC as arrangers in respect of financing for the UK public to private acquisition of Brammer plc by Advent International.
- Advised The Royal Bank of Scotland, Bank of Ireland, Lloyds, and NIBC as arrangers in respect of the financing for Vitruvian Partners’ acquisition of UK-based services and technology company Phlexglobal.
- Advised the private debt investors in respect of a €600 million private high-yield financing for the acquisition of Setefi by Italian financial institution ICBPI, a portfolio company of Advent International and Bain Capital.
- Advised Alliance Bernstein in relation to a unitranche financing and equity investment for a UK-headquartered payroll systems company.
- Advised European Capital in relation to €40 million term and capex facility for BlueGem Capital Partner’s acquisition of DMC and Wool and the Gang.
- Advised European Capital in relation to a £37 million term and revolving facility for Palatine’s acquisition of UK house builder Westleigh Homes.
- Pro bono representation of Just for Kids Law in collaboration with UNICEF and Coram in relation to the use of the section 45 defense for trafficked children under the Modern Slavery Act 2015.
- Paul Hastings Practices and Lawyers Recognized for Excellence in Legal 500 United Kingdom 2022 - October 1st, 2021
- US aerospace and defence supplier Cobham acquires UK rival Ultra Electronics - August 18th, 2021
- Oakley Capital acquires PRIMAVERA - June 22nd, 2021
- Financing for the acquisition of Trace One - April 29th, 2021
- $1.6 Billion Financing Announced for Nordic Capital’s Acquisition of ADVANZ PHARMA - April 7th, 2021
- Paul Hastings Successfully Stops McLaren’s Unrestricted Subsidiary Financing - July 6th, 2020
- Jacobs Engineering Obtains $1 Billion Term Loan Facility - March 27th, 2020
- Oakley Capital Sells atHome Group to Mayfair Equity Partners - February 24th, 2020
- Echostar Provides Financing for Globalstar, Inc. - December 4th, 2019
- Paul Hastings Wins Award for "Excellence in Access to Justice" - October 24th, 2019
- Abry Partners Sells Majority Interest in AddSecure to Castik Capital - September 26th, 2019
- Autopista al Mar 2 Secures $652 Million, Dual-Tranche, Dual Currency Project Financing - August 1st, 2019
- £2.5 Billion Financing Announced for Advent’s Acquisition of Cobham - July 25th, 2019
- Oakley Capital Finances Acquisition of Seagull and Videotel with Unitranche Loan from EQT - July 16th, 2019
- $3 Billion Financing Announced for Bain’s Acquisition of Kantar from WPP - July 12th, 2019
- BVI Acquires Ophthalmic Company PhysIOL from TA Associates - March 7th, 2019
- Funds Managed by Abry Partners II, LLC Acquire Link Mobility Group ASA - July 2nd, 2018
- Advent International to Acquire Laird for £1 billion - March 1st, 2018
- Madison Energy, a Division of Madison Industries, Acquires the Centek Group - February 9th, 2018
- New Revolving Credit Facility for Brammer plc in Connection With Acquisition by Advent - November 23rd, 2016
- Recognized for Excellence in Legal 500 United Kingdom - October 1st, 2021
- Recognized in Private Debt Investor's Rising Stars - October 1st, 2020
- Paul Hastings Wins Award for "Excellence in Access to Justice" - October 23rd, 2019
- Recognized by Legal Week and American Lawyer as M&A Team of the Year and Private Equity Team of the Year - June 14th, 2019
- Recognized for the Loan Deal of the Year at the IFLR Europe Awards - April 4th, 2019