Richard Sterns is an Associate in the Real Estate Group and is based in the firm's Washington, D.C. office. Mr. Sterns focuses on the representation of debt funds, lending institutions, private equity funds, developers, sponsors, and investors in a variety of commercial real estate transactions. His experience also includes matters structuring and closing mortgage loans to be securitized in the secondary market and related asset management matters for securitized loans. In particular, Richard has significant experience in matters involving the financing and development of multifamily housing, including affordable housing. Prior to joining Paul Hastings, he practiced with a large national law firm in Washington, DC.
- George Mason University School of Law, J.D., 2018
- Westminster College (MO), B.A. (magna cum laude), 2014
- Representation of national nonprofit affordable housing developer in the amendment and restatement of a master credit facility securing 16 affordable housing properties across six states
- Representation of non-bank bridge lender in issuance of a $1 Billion Dollar collateralized loan obligation
- Representation of lender/servicer in a portfolio restructuring involving the removal of a controlling stakeholder in a joint venture between two national institutional real estate holding companies involving properties in Maryland, Florida, Texas, Virginia, and Pennsylvania
- Representation of lender in three loans of a combined total $150 Million dollars secured by a combination of seven properties in San Antonio, Texas
- Representation of joint venture in acquiring five affordable housing developments across California of a total of approximately $250 million dollars