Rigoberto Chavez is an associate in the Latin America and Corporate practices of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm’s New York office. Mr. Chavez has represented public, private, and state-owned companies, investment banks, sponsors, and sovereign states in cross-border and domestic capital markets, liability management and corporate finance transactions, joint ventures, and mergers and acquisitions. His practice also includes advising U.S. and international clients on corporate governance matters and securities law compliance.
Prior to joining Paul Hastings, Mr. Chavez was an associate at a global law firm in New York where he focused primarily on high-yield and acquisition finance, initial public offerings and other equity offerings and de-SPAC transactions.
- University of California, Berkeley, School of Law, J.D., 2018 (Full Tuition Award)
- University of California, Berkeley, B.A. (Political Science; magna cum laude), 2014
- Allied Universal, a Warburg Pincus portfolio company, in its $4.5 billion offering of five series of USD, Euro, and sterling-denominated senior secured and unsecured notes to finance the acquisition of G4S plc.
- Marriott Vacations Worldwide in its $575 million convertible senior notes offering to finance the acquisition of Welk Resorts.
- Warburg Pincus Capital Corporation I⁃A and Warburg Pincus Capital Corporation I⁃B, both sponsored by affiliates of Warburg Pincus, in connection with their concurrent initial public offerings for an aggregate of over $800 million.
- Jaws Acquisition Corp., in its $4.4 billion business combination with Cano Health, a leading value-based care delivery platform for seniors, and concurrent $800 million common equity private placement.
- Vericast Corp., a MacAndrews & Forbes portfolio company, in a $540 million senior secured notes offering, and private and public exchange offers and consent solicitations in connection with two series of senior secured notes with an aggregate principal amount outstanding of approximately $1.1 billion.
- Kraft Heinz in its cash tender offers in connection with 10 series of senior notes and senior debentures for an aggregate purchase price of approximately $1.7 billion.
- LATAM Airlines and its affiliates in Chile, Peru, Colombia, Ecuador, and the United States, in the voluntary reorganization and restructuring of their debt under Chapter 11 protections in the United States.
- Paul Hastings Advises Jaguar Global Growth Corporation I in Business Combination with GLAAM - March 3rd, 2023
- Paul Hastings Advised IDC Overseas, Ltd. in US$150 Million Euro Medium Term Notes Program - February 22nd, 2023
- Paul Hastings Advises Credivalores on Exchange Offer and Follow-On Issuance of Notes - October 24th, 2022
- Paul Hastings Advises Prize in Business Combination with Rose Hill Acquisition Corporation - October 20th, 2022
- HSBC Leads Global Banks in Extending $245 Million Senior Secured Loan to Grupo Industrial Saltillo - September 1st, 2022
- Grupo Televisa Completes Early Settlement of Capped Tender Offer for Three Series of Outstanding Notes - August 15th, 2022
- Paul Hastings Represents Lenders on Iberdrola México, S.A. de C.V. $400 Million Senior Unsecured Green Term Loan Agreement - June 3rd, 2022
- Paul Hastings Represents Genomma Lab Internacional in JV with Oravax Medical Inc. - November 30th, 2021