Sam Alavi is a partner in the Real Estate practice of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm’s Century City office. He regularly advises some of the world’s largest private equity funds, sovereign wealth funds, and other investment platforms on a wide variety of real estate-related transactions, including development, acquisition/disposition, finance, and joint venture transactions in major markets across the U.S.
Mr. Alavi has been instrumental in advising non-U.S. entities in their major investments in the U.S. real property market, including with regard to the sovereign wealth funds of the Emirate of Dubai and the State of Qatar, along with institutional Korean and Chinese insurance companies.
In addition, Mr. Alavi is the Executive Director of the US-GCC Development Council, which focuses on enhanced integration and commercial relations between the United States and the nations that form the Gulf Cooperation Council, particularly in the areas of private equity and asset management.
- Recognized by Chambers USA for Southern California Real Estate
- Member of the Milken Institute Young Leaders Circle
- USC Gould School of Law, J.D.
- University of Southern California, B.S.
- Funds controlled by Walton Street Capital in the acquisition and financing of various logistics, industrial and multifamily assets.
- Investment Corporation of Dubai on the disposition of marque and complex properties across North America.
- ING Capital in connection with the financing of flagship office and multifamily projects in major gateway markets across the U.S.
- Qatar Investment Authority on the acquisition of various prominent real estate assets, including major hospitality and office projects.
- citizenM Hotels in connection with the financing and development of various hotels across the U.S.
- Funds controlled by Rialto Capital Management on the disposition and acquisition of major office projects.
- Paul Hastings Ranked as Top Three Firm for New Rankings and Recognized for Numerous Practice Strength and Growth in Chambers USA 2021 - May 21st, 2021
- Paul Hastings Named ‘Real Estate Group of the Year’ by Law360 - December 23rd, 2020
- Global Mutual Real Estate partners with BLVD Hospitality on Acquisition of Iconic LA Hotel - August 26th, 2020
- QuadReal and T5 Data Centers Launch $2.5 Billion Platform for Data Center Investment - April 29th, 2019
- Los Angeles Philharmonic Unveils Frank Gehry Design for Youth Orchestra Center - August 15th, 2018
- Adjunct Professor at University of Southern California, School of Public Policy