Sam Alavi is a partner in the Real Estate practice of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm’s Los Angeles office.
Mr. Alavi is recognized by Chambers USA, as a Top Real Estate Lawyer. He regularly advises some of the world’s largest private equity funds, sovereign wealth funds and other investment platforms on a wide variety of real estate-related transactions, including development, acquisition/disposition, finance and joint venture transactions in major markets across the U.S.
Mr. Alavi received his J.D. from the University of Southern California Law School, where he was elected to the Order of the Coif. While in law school, he served as a judicial extern to the Honorable George H. King of the United States District Court for the Central District of California, and was the Hale Moot Court Honors Program Champion. Prior to law school, Mr. Alavi graduated cum laude from the University of Southern California with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration. He is admitted to practice law in California.
- ING Capital in connection with the financing of flagship office and multifamily projects in major gateway markets across the U.S.
- City National Bank in connection with the construction financing of a 125,000 square foot retail center in the Pacific Palisades area of Los Angeles
- Citibank, JPMorgan Chase, and Wells Fargo Bank, each in connection with the issuance of construction and permanent debt secured by multifamily and/or mixed-use projects
- Qatar Investment Authorityon the acquisition of various prominent real estate assets, including major hospitality and office projects
- The Related Companies on the financing of the flagship residential complex, The Century, in Los Angeles, California
- citizenM Hotels in connection with the financing and development of various hotels across the U.S.
- Funds controlled by Oaktree Capital Management in connection with the acquisition and financing of more than 20 multifamily properties across the United States
- Funds controlled by Rialto Capital Managementon the disposition and acquisition of major office projects
- Paul Hastings Ranked as Top Three Firm for New Rankings and Recognized for Numerous Practice Strength and Growth in Chambers USA 2021 - May 21st, 2021
- Paul Hastings Named ‘Real Estate Group of the Year’ by Law360 - December 23rd, 2020
- Global Mutual Real Estate partners with BLVD Hospitality on Acquisition of Iconic LA Hotel - August 26th, 2020
- QuadReal and T5 Data Centers Launch $2.5 Billion Platform for Data Center Investment - April 29th, 2019
- Los Angeles Philharmonic Unveils Frank Gehry Design for Youth Orchestra Center - August 15th, 2018