Sam Ashuraey is an associate in the Financial Restructuring group of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm’s New York office. His practice covers a broad range of in-court and out-of-court restructurings and bankruptcies. Sam has represented ad hoc lender groups, official committees, creditors and companies across a broad range of industries, including oil and gas, utilities, travel and retail. He also has considerable experience advising clients on bankruptcy litigation and related litigation matters.
- Columbia Law School, J.D. (Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar), 2016
- University of Pennsylvania, B.A., 2008
- Represented the largest ad hoc group of noteholders in the out-of-court restructuring and subsequent prepackaged chapter 11 bankruptcy filing of Carlson Travel, Inc., and its affiliates.
- Represented the official committee of unsecured creditors of Fieldwood Energy, Inc.
- Represented the official committee of unsecured creditors of LSC Communications, Inc.
- Represented Elliott Management Corporation as the largest unsecured creditor in the chapter 11 cases of Energy Future Intermediate Holding Company LLC and its debtor affiliates