Sean Z. Murphy is an associate in the firm’s Emerging Growth Company practice and is based in the New York office.
Mr. Murphy represents emerging growth companies and venture capital funds in significant transactions, including equity and debt venture capital financings and joint ventures. Mr. Murphy also represents numerous clients in asset acquisitions, stock purchases, SPAC transactions and other strategic corporate transactions. Mr. Murphy has experience in a wide range of industries, including life sciences, technology, fintech, cannabis and entertainment.
Mr. Murphy received his law degree from Cornell Law School with a concentration in Business Law and Regulation, where he served as an Articles Editor and a Diversity Committee Member for the Cornell International Law Journal, a teaching assistant for Professor George A. Hay and a member of the Asylum and Convention against Torture Appeals Clinic. He earned a Bachelor of Arts degree (cum laude) in Political Science from the University of Florida.
Mr. Murphy is admitted to practice law in New York.
- Paul Hastings Advises Cresco Labs in Multi-state Sale of Assets to Sean “Diddy” Combs - November 5th, 2022
- Paul Hastings Advises Primary Wave in a $2 Billion Partnership with Brookfield Asset Management - October 11th, 2022
- Cresco Labs to Acquire Columbia Care for Approximately $2 Billion - March 23rd, 2022
- Scilex Holding Company to Go Public in $1.64 Billion Merger with Vickers Vantage Corp. I - March 18th, 2022
- ScottsMiracle-Gro Acquires Luxx Lighting - January 7th, 2022
- Canopy Growth to Acquire Wana Brands - October 14th, 2021