Partner, Real Estate Department
Stephen Nicolas is a partner in the corporate Real Estate practice of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm's London office. His practice focuses on corporate real estate, including acquisitions, disposals (direct and indirect), joint ventures, and management agreements (both hotel and general asset). Mr. Nicolas has experience advising both UK-based and international clients operating across a wide variety of jurisdictions (including USA).
- Named a 'Next Generation Partner' for Commercial Property: Investment - The Legal 500 UK 2023
- Cardiff University, LLB
- Advised Starwood Capital on:
- the disposal of a portfolio of 14 hotels in the UK to Fonciere des Regions for a purchase price in excess of $1bn (Hot.E Deal of the Year 2018);
- the acquisition of 10 urban industrial parks across the UK, with purchase prices in excess of £200m;
- the disposal of 22 regional UK hotels; and
- a joint venture agreement with a Spanish partner in relation to the acquisition of Spanish hotels.
- Advised Fora on its flexible workspace partnership with the Selfridges Group in respect 388–396 Oxford Street.
- Advised LRC UK on:
- the acquisition of 30 Hilton/Accor-branded hotels for a purchase price in excess of £730 million; and
- the acquisition of the Amaris Hospitality management platform.
- Advised Invesco Real Estate on:
- the acquisition of a portfolio of 13 hotels across Germany and the Netherlands for €530m, part of which was used as the foundation of Invesco’s new open-ended European Hotel Fund; and
- the €415m disposal of a European hotel portfolio comprising 7 hotel properties (1,744 rooms) to Pandox AB (publ) (Hot.E Deal of the Year 2017).
- Advised Evans Randall in respect of its acquisition of Thavies Inn House and the related corporate fundraising.
- Advising Children and Families Across Borders (CFAB) in relation to the lease for their new office space in Victoria.
- Paul Hastings Receives High Rankings in the 2023 Edition of The Legal 500 UK Solicitors - September 29th, 2022
- Paul Hastings Practices and Lawyers Recognized for Excellence in Legal 500 United Kingdom 2022 - October 1st, 2021
- Fora and Selfridges Announce Flexible Workspace Partnership in London - November 7th, 2019
- Starwood Capital Sells £830m UK Hotel Portfolio - May 3rd, 2018
- Invesco Real Estate Sells Seven Hotel Properties in Europe - November 21st, 2016
- Invesco Sells Hotel Portfolio - July 18th, 2016
- Solicitor, England and Wales