Associate, Corporate Department
William Knox is an associate in the London office of Paul Hastings. Mr. Knox’s practice focuses on capital markets, structured finance, securitization, CLOs, and private CLO equity funds. He advises issuers, originators, investment managers, lenders, and arrangers, having recently advised clients such as Acer Tree, Albacore Capital, Allspring, Ares, CVC Credit Partners, Fidelity, ICG, JP Morgan Investment Management, Morgan Stanley, Neuberger Berman, and Pemberton.
- BPP University Law School, Legal Practice Course (2019)
- BPP University Law School, Graduate Diploma in Law (2018)
- Exeter University, Ancient History (2017)
- Advised CVC Credit Partners on the structuring and launch of a $1bn risk retention fund.
- Advised Fidelity International regarding the launch of a €300m risk retention fund.
- Advised Pemberton Asset Management on the establishment of a number of credit funds.
Engagement & Publications
- "U.K. Gets Tougher in Penalising Financial Sanctions Breaches – New OFSI Guidance," Compliance Officer Bulletin (Thomson Reuters), Issue 188, August 2021
- "Outcomes from FATF June 2021 plenary meeting," Compliance Officer Bulletin (Thomson Reuters), Issue 188, August 2021
- "FCA fines Sapien Capital in its first cum-ex trading case," Compliance Officer Bulletin (Thomson Reuters), Issue 188, August 2021
- "U.K. FinTech and Financial Services - Britcoin to the Scalebox; the U.K. Government Announces Plans to Boost the FinTech Sector and to Develop a Digital Pound," Paul Hastings Client Insight, April 2021