Zoey Xie is an Associate in the Litigation practice of Paul Hastings. Ms. Xie focuses her practice on FCPA/anti-corruption, internal and government investigations, dispute resolution, data privacy, and data security. Ms. Xie also counsels life sciences companies on regulatory issues, including regulatory inspections, clinical trials, and human genetic resource management. Ms. Xie advises clients, including Chinese state-owned enterprises, across a variety of other industries, including life sciences, manufacturing, technology, and telecommunication.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Xie worked at two leading U.S. law firms in Shanghai.
Ms. Xie is admitted to practice in New York. Ms. Xie passed the bar examination in China in 2011, but does not hold a current practicing certificate. Ms. Xie is fluent in English and Mandarin.
- Fordham School of Law, LL.M. 2014
- Ningbo University, LL.B. 2012
- Advised a U.S.-listed software company in an investigation from the Chinese government against its Chinese subsidiary triggered by a FCPA violation.
- Advised a European multinational aerospace company in investigations from multiple governments related to non-compliant interactions with Chinese government officials through its business partners.
- Advised an American multinational technology company on cross-border data transfer and data privacy issue regarding its internal medical institution in China.
- Conducted post-closing compliance due diligence on revenue recognition issues on behalf of the Chinese shareholder of a Fortune 500 joint-venture telecommunication company.
- Conducted multiple internal investigations for a world-leading multinational healthcare company related to suspected bribery misconduct, off-label promotion, sponsorships and grants, bid-rigging, and third party and distributor misconduct.
Life Sciences Regulatory
- Advised a leading global biotech company in its plasma related transactions in China and regulatory agency inspections on GMP compliance.
- Seconded as legal counsel to a world-leading multinational pharmaceutical company on human genetic resource management and drug development regulatory issues in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Continued Development of Data Security and Protection in China – All You Need to Know about China’s Latest Data Implementation Rules and the New Data Guidance for the Automotive Industry - December 28th, 2021
- China’s New Personal Information Protection Law and Other New Data Concerns - September 10th, 2021