Paul Hastings Achieves Mansfield Certification Plus
Paul Hastings LLP, a leading global law firm, has once again achieved “Mansfield Certified Plus” status after completing the Mansfield Rule 4.0 certification program. This is the second consecutive year that the firm has been Mansfield Certified Plus, after completing Mansfield Rule 3.0 in 2020.
The Mansfield Certification program encourages law firms to expand the representation of diverse lawyers in leadership roles by broadening the candidate pool for opportunities in governance roles, equity partner promotions, and senior lateral positions. The firm has achieved the certification’s “Plus” status, having successfully reached at least 30 percent of diverse lawyer representation in its current leadership.
“Achieving Mansfield Certification has been an important step towards achieving our goals of being a market leader in diversity, equity and inclusion. By taking actionable steps to ensure diversity at all levels, we are nurturing a Firm culture that embraces proactive initiatives designed to improve the communities we serve and make an impact in the world,” said K Whitner, partner and co-chair of the firm’s Global Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) Council.
Click here to view the Diversity Lab's full press release announcing this year's Mansfield Certified firms.
The firm’s continued “Mansfield Certification Plus” status is the latest demonstration of Paul Hastings’ commitment to cultivating a diverse and inclusive culture, both within the firm and throughout the communities in which its clients serve. Other recent initiatives include:
- Introducing billable hour credit for associates, who can receive up to 50 hours of budget credit per year for activities aimed at advancing diversity and inclusion efforts.
- Introducing a gender-neutral parental leave policy for attorneys and business professionals in 2019.
- Launching the firm’s ongoing COVID-19 Fund that aids Paul Hastings employees and their immediate family members negatively impacted by COVID-19.
- Making a pro bono commitment of at least $7 million to combat racial injustice.
- Establishing a Racial Equality Fund providing $10 million in funding and pro-bono/volunteer time over the next five years to address inequality in education for students of color.
- Creating the PH AAPI Solidarity Fund, providing financial support to Stop AAPI Hate and Asian American Legal Defense & Education Fund, to help address the rise in AAPI hate crimes in America
- Implementing an annual paid volunteer time off policy granting attorneys and professional staff time to support local and national organizations fighting for change.
- Being recognized as a “Best Place to Work” for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign every year since 2008.
Read more to learn more about the Firm’s global diversity, inclusion and wellness programs.
At Paul Hastings, our purpose is clear — to help our clients and people navigate new paths to growth. With a strong presence throughout Asia, Europe, Latin America, and the U.S., Paul Hastings is recognized as one of the world’s most innovative global law firms.