Daniel Grossman is a partner in the Corporate practice of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm’s New York and Washington, D.C. offices. His practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, both domestic and cross-border; securities law; venture capital and growth equity investments; and investment advisory matters involving hedge funds and private equity funds. Mr. Grossman has represented both publicly and privately-held firms and has experience representing firms in a broad range of industries, with an emphasis in the investment management industry.
Mr. Grossman is admitted in the District of Columbia and New York.
- University of Virginia School of Law, J.D., 2010
- College of William & Mary, B.A., 2007
- Advised REEF Technology Inc. in a $700 million growth equity financing led by Mubadala Investment Company's financial investment arm, Mubadala Capital, and a $300 million joint infrastructure vehicle formed by REEF and Oaktree Capital Management to acquire strategic real estate assets.
- Advised Ivanhoé Cambridge in the formation of an approximately $880 million joint venture with Prologis, Inc. to develop and operate logistics real estate in Brazil.
- Advised Live Nation Entertainment, Inc. in its acquisition of an interest in the Bank of New Hampshire Pavilion, a premier concert venue in Gilford, NH.
- Advised Javelin Global Commodities in the formation and funding of an international commodities trading and marketing business with Murray Energy Corporation and Uniper Global Commodities (formerly E.ON).
- Advised Tudor Investment Corporation in: (1) its disposition of a significant interest in a prominent quantitative trading investment manager and (2) its seeding of, and acquisition of a material interest in, several new investment managers.
- Advised YES Network in connection with its sale to 21st Century Fox.
- Advised Goldman, Sachs & Co. as seller of its Colombian mining operations to Murray Energy Corporation. The mining operations consist of two developed surface coal mines, La Francia and El Hatillo, three undeveloped mines, an Atlantic coal port loading facility, interests in an Atlantic railway route, and related assets.
- Advised Goldman Sachs Capital Partners in its acquisition of significant interests in T2 Biosystems Inc.
- Advised RedBird Capital Partners in its acquisition of Majority Strategies, a voter influencing firm.
- Advised South Alliance in its sale of the Port of Barranquilla in Colombia to Southern Cross, a Chilean private equity fund.
- Advised Inka Farma, the largest retail pharmacy chain in Peru in its sale to an affiliate of the Interbank Group.