The Future of Fintech: Navigating the Regulatory and Political Landscape
Thursday, October 12 5:00 PM GMT to 8:00 PM GMT
100 Bishopsgate, London EC2N 4AG, United Kingdom
On Thursday 12th October 2023, Paul Hastings’ London Fintech and Payments team are hosting an informative session on “The Future of Fintech" as we examine the important legal, regulatory and business trends impacting the Fintech sector across the UK, EU and U.S.
Our panels will welcome insights from key experts and influential figures within the Fintech industry, as we discuss how technology and regulation are reshaping the banking, payments, and financial services sectors and examine how firms should prepare themselves for the future.
As well as Paul Hastings partners Chris Daniel, Arun Srivastava, and Nina Moffat, speakers include:
- Elise Soucie – Director of Policy & Regulation, GBBC Digital Finance
- Daniel Conway – Restructuring Advisory Partner, FRP Advisory
- Leda Glyptis – Author of Bankers Like Us, NED and FinTech Advisor
- Alastair Lukies CBE – Founder of Pollinate, Chair of the FinTech-Alliance and former Chair of Innovate Finance
- Phillip Mind – Director of Digital Technology and Innovation at UK Finance
- Andrew Vorster – Innovation Catalyst and FinTech Advisor
Key topics includes:
- Policy direction and the approach of the UK, EU and U.S. governments as well as the FCA, SEC and EU Commission;
- The emergence of digital banks, digital payments, CBDC’s and crypto (including MiCA and forthcoming UK stablecoin regulation);
- The upgrading of the payments and banking sector through PSD3 and the UK’s Future of Payments Review;
- Progress towards Open Finance, Open Banking and Open Data;
- Venture capital, M&A and investment in the Fintech sector.