Nina Moffatt is a partner in the London office of Paul Hastings. Ms. Moffatt focuses her practice on providing legal and commercial advice on regulatory requirements across Europe.
Ms. Moffatt’s practice focuses on helping regulated firms comply with evolving regulatory obligations. She has particular expertise in large cross border offerings and product design. She also regularly assists clients with their relations with the U.K. regulators, including applications for authorization and supervisory issues.
Ms. Moffatt has spent time on secondment at a U.K. retail and investment bank and a multinational financial services company.
- Associate to watch in Chambers FinTech London 2021.
- Associate to watch – Chambers 2020 - Financial Services: Non-contentious Regulatory - UK-wide, "She is a true expert in financial services regulatory matters."
- Associate to watch in Chambers 2020 - Fintech
- Notable Senior Associate for Contentious and Non-Contentious Regulatory, "A standout associate is Nina Moffatt."
- BPP, Legal Practice Course, 2007
- BPP, Graduate Diploma in Law, 2006
- Edinburgh University, History MA (Hons) 1st Class, 2005
- Represented a global financial services institution on changes to its business and product suite due to changes in the European regulatory landscape stemming from the Second Payment Services Directive and the Fourth Money Laundering Directive.
- Represented a global financial services institution on the implications of Brexit on its European operations and implementing a major restructuring.
- Represented a large U.K. retail and investment bank on cross border structuring and operational issues stemming from regulatory issues including MiFID II.
- Represented a non-bank financial institution on the product life cycle of a U.K. consumer credit product.
- Represented a global outsourcing company in obtaining authorization for them from the U.K. Financial Conduct Authority.
- Paul Hastings Advised GTCR in $18.5 Billion Majority Stake Acquisition of Worldpay - July 7th, 2023
- Paul Hastings Advised MoneyGram International in $1.8 Billion Acquisition by Madison Dearborn Partners - June 9th, 2023
- Paul Hastings Again Earns Top Rankings in the Chambers FinTech Guide - December 12th, 2022
- Paul Hastings Again Receives Top Rankings in Chambers UK 2023 - October 20th, 2022
- Amber Infrastructure related entities, Allianz and Dalmore take further stake in Thames Tideway Tunnel - June 6th, 2022
- Paul Hastings Secures Top Rankings in Chambers FinTech Guide 2022 - December 13th, 2021
- Paul Hastings Practices and Lawyers Recognized for Excellence in Legal 500 United Kingdom 2022 - October 1st, 2021
- Paul Hastings Secures Top Rankings in Chambers FinTech Guide 2021 - December 21st, 2020
- UK Finance Announces Work on UK Statutory Sanctions Review - November 5th, 2020
- EU ESG Framework – latest developments and further clarifications on greenwashing and sustainable investments - July 5th, 2023
- The Sustainable Finance Disclosure Regulation (“SFDR”) – first look at the new round of the proposed changes to the RTS - May 4th, 2023
- The UK’s New “Big Bang” for Crypto Regulation - February 2nd, 2023
- ISDA publishes Digital Asset Derivatives Definitions - January 27th, 2023
- Balancing the Need for Growth with Correct Conduct - December 15th, 2021
- Compliance Officer Bulletin: Money Laundering and Financial Crime - December 1st, 2021
- U.K. FinTech and Financial Services - Britcoin to the Scalebox; the U.K. Government Announces Plans to Boost the FinTech Sector and to Develop a Digital Pound - April 29th, 2021
- U.K. Gets Tougher in Penalising Financial Sanctions Breaches – New OFSI Guidance - March 24th, 2021
- ESG—Overview and Practical Guide to the New EU Sustainable Finance Disclosure Rules - March 10th, 2021
- The Future of Fintech in the U.K. – The Kalifa Review - March 8th, 2021
- Climate Related Disclosures For Financial Institutions – New U.K. Mandatory Requirements - November 16th, 2020
- Compliance Officer Bulletin: Money Laundering and Financial Crime - October 20th, 2020
- Spotlight on Foreign Firms—UK FCA Sets Out High Regulatory Expectations - September 29th, 2020
- Facilitating Tax Evasion – Is the UK’s corporate criminal offence being enforced? - August 28th, 2020
- UK and EU Financial Sanctions Regimes Likely to Diverge Post-Brexit - July 29th, 2020
- Anti-Money Laundering Lessons to be Learnt from the Commerzbank Fine - July 21st, 2020
- FinTechs and Start Ups – UK Government Announces £1.25 Billion Support Package - April 24th, 2020
- The Payment Services Agenda 2020/21 – The PSR’s Annual Plan - April 16th, 2020
- Asset Management - The Rise of ESG and FCA Expectations for 2020 - February 11th, 2020
- The FCA Is Set to Continue Its Focus on the Asset Management Industry. Are You Prepared? - January 23rd, 2020
Engagement & Publications
- Ms. Moffatt has spoken at various conferences on payments and other financial services matters including at the International Financial Law Review In-House Counsel Summit.
- Co-editor of the International Guide to Money Laundering Law and Practice (Fourth Edition).
- City of London Law Society