PH FedACTion: Financial Regulatory Updates
Daily Financial Regulation Update -- Tuesday, February 21, 2023
By FedACTion Task Force
Subscribe to PH FedACTion: Financial Regulatory Updates
PH Fintech Tracker on Executive Order for Digital Assets
National Credit Union Administration
NCUA's Harper Discusses DEI
February 17, 2023
NCUA Chairman Todd M. Harper participated in a panel discussion on diversity, equity, and inclusion within the credit union movement. The event was hosted by the African American Credit Union Coalition and titled "Celebrating the Intersectionality of Icons in the Credit Union Industry."
Bank of England Prudential Regulation Authority
Speech: Fundamental Spreads
February 20, 2023
Bank of England Prudential Regulation Authority Deputy Governor and CEO Sam Woods gave a speech entitled, "Fundamental Spreads."
UK Financial Conduct Authority
FCA seeks views on updating asset management regulation
February 20, 2023
The Financial Conduct Authority is seeking views on what regulatory changes may help the UK's asset management industry innovate, better support investors and boost competition.
Office of the Comptroller of the Currency
- Comptroller – Vacant (Michael Hsu serves as Acting Comptroller)
Financial Crimes Enforcement Network
- Director – Vacant (Himamauli Das serves as Acting Director)
U.S. Department of the Treasury – Janet Yellen (effective January 26, 2021)
Federal Reserve Board – Jerome H. Powell (effective May 23, 2022)
- Vice Chair for Supervision Michael Barr (sworn in July 19, 2022)
- Vice Chair Lael Brainard (sworn in May 23, 2022)
- Governor Phillip N Jefferson (sworn in May 23, 2022)
- Governor Lisa D. Cook (sworn in May 23, 2022)
- Federal Reserve Board announces appointment of Joshua Gallin as secretary of the Federal Open Market Committee (February 2, 2023)
Federal Reserve Bank of New York – John C. Williams (effective June 18, 2018)
- Vincent Alvarez Designated Chair of New York Fed Board of Directors; Rosa Gil Designated Deputy Chair (January 10, 2023)
- Pat Wang Appointed as a Class C Director to New York Fed Board of Directors (January 10, 2023)
- New York Fed Names Roberto Perli SOMA Manager (February 2, 2023)
Federal Reserve Bank of Boston – Susan M. Collins (effective July 1, 2022)
Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation – Martin Gruenberg (effective January 5, 2023)
- Vice Chairman Travis Hill (sworn in January 5, 2023)
- Director Jonathan McKernan (sworn in January 5, 2023)
- Director Michael Hsu (Acting Comptroller of the Currency)
- Director Rohit Chopra (Director of Consumer Financial Protection Bureau)
- FDIC Announces Senior Leadership Changes in Division of Risk Management Supervision (January 26, 2023)
Office of the Comptroller of the Currency – Michael Hsu (acting Comptroller, effective May 10, 2021)
- OCC Announces Deputy Comptroller for Systemic Risk Identification and Support (January 11, 2023)
- Kristen Baldwin Named OCC Chief Information Officer (February 8, 2023)
Securities and Exchange Commission – Gary Gensler (effective April 17, 2021)
- SEC Announces Appointment of Cristina Martin Firvida as Investor Advocate (January 10, 2023)
- Paul Munter Named Chief Accountant (January 11, 2023)
- Erik Gerding Named Director of Division of Corporation Finance (January 13, 2023)
- Silvestre Fontes Named Director of Boston Regional Office (January 25, 2023)
- Cicely LaMothe Named Deputy Director, Disclosure Operations, for the Division of Corporation Finance (February 14, 2023)
Commodity Futures Trade Commission – Rostin Behnam (effective December 17, 2021)
- Commissioner Pham Announces Members of the CFTC's Global Markets Advisory Committee (January 12, 2023)
- CFTC Commissioner Pham Announces Additional Staff Appointment (February 7, 2023)
Consumer Financial Protection Bureau – Rohit Chopra (effective October 12, 2021)
National Credit Union Administration – Todd M. Harper (effective January 20, 2021)
Small Business Administration – Isabella Casillas Guzman (effective March 16, 2021)
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development – Marcia Fudge (effective March 10, 2021)
Federal Housing Finance Agency – Sandra L. Thompson (effective June 22, 2022)
U.S. Department of Education – Dr. Miguel Cardona (effective March 2, 2021)
PH Client Alerts
Click here to read more from our Coronavirus series.
Click here to view the full text of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act (the "CARES Act"), Enacted March 27, 2020.
Click here to view the full text of the Paycheck Protection Program Increase Act of 2020, Enacted April 24, 2020.
Click here to view the full text of the Paycheck Protection Program Flexibility Act of 2020, Enacted June 5, 2020.
Click here to view the full text of the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2021, Enacted December 27, 2020.
Click here to view the full text of the American Rescue Plan of 2021, Enacted March 11, 2021.
Click here to view the full text of the PPP Extension Act of 2021, Enacted March 30, 2021.
Click here to view a running list of proposed legislation from the Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs, Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship, House Committee on Financial Services, and House Committee on Small Business.