Paul Hastings Advised GTCR in $18.5 Billion Majority Stake Acquisition of Worldpay
July 07, 2023
Paul Hastings LLP advised GTCR as regulatory counsel in its acquisition of a majority stake in Worldplay, a leading global provider of payment processing solutions, from FIS. GTCR will acquire 55% of Worldpay, and FIS will retain the remaining 45%, in a transaction that values the business at $18.5 billion.
Global Fintech & Payments Chair Chris Daniel and Of Counsel Diane Holden led the Paul Hastings team, which also included partners Arun Srivastava and Nina Moffatt and associates Paul Yu, Bethany Krystek, and Zach Silvers.
More details on the transaction can be found here.
About Paul Hastings
With widely recognized elite teams in finance, mergers & acquisitions, private equity, restructuring and special situations, litigation, employment and real estate, Paul Hastings is a premier law firm providing intellectual capital and superior execution globally to the world’s leading investment banks, asset managers and corporations.