is an associate in the Paul Hastings San Diego office, where his practice focuses on intellectual property and technology transactional matters. He routinely advises clients in merger and acquisition transactions involving intellectual property, and is experienced in intellectual property related secured lending transactions. Mr. Schneider also counsels clients in a wide array of commercial and licensing transactions, and regularly drafts and negotiates license, development, manufacture, and other agreements for clients in a broad range of industries.
Mr. Schneider regularly prepares and prosecutes trademark applications, and has extensive patent prosecution experience, with an emphasis in the computer, electrical and mechanical arts.
Mr. Schneider is a member of the State Bar of California and is admitted to practice at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- ABC-Mart, Japan’s largest shoe retailer, in its US$138 million acquisition of U.S. based LaCrosse Footwear, Inc.
- Accelrys, an R&D software and services company, in its US$750 million sale to Dassault Systèmes.
- Aratana Therapeutics in the drafting and negotiation of license and development agreements with RaQualia Pharma Inc. pertaining to therapeutic compounds for companion animal use.
- Ardea Biosciences, a biotechnology company focused on the development of small-molecule therapeutics, in its sale to AstraZeneca in a US$1.3 billion cash merger.
- Christie Digital Systems in its acquisition of substantially all of the assets of Luminetx Corporation.
- Dompé S.p.A., in the drafting and negotiation of an exclusive development and license agreement for the licensing of a proprietary protein to Dompé, and a commercial supply agreement for the manufacture and supply of such protein to Dompé.
- Fox Factory, a manufacturer of high performance shock absorbers and racing suspension products, in its initial public offering.
- General Electric Company and its subsidiaries in several transactions, including the acquisition of RMI, a rail software and services provider, from the Carlyle Group, the sale of Vital Signs, Inc. to CareFusion Corp., and the sale of Thomas Medical Products, Inc. to Merit Medical Systems, Inc.
- The underwriters, led by Goldman, Sachs & Co. and Deutsche Bank Securities, in the initial public offering of Envivio, Inc.
- Jacobs Engineering Group in several transactions, including its US$1.2 billion acquisition of Sinclair Knight Merz and its US$913 million acquisition of the process and construction business from Oslo-listed Aker Solutions.
- Marvel Entertainment in its US$4 billion sale to The Walt Disney Company.
- Monitise plc in its acquisition of ClairMail, Inc., a provider of mobile banking and payments solutions.
- Nordstrom, Inc. in its acquisition of Trunk Club, Inc., a provider of personal shopping services.
- Piper Jaffray and Citigroup as joint book-running managers on the initial public offering of voxeljet AG, a provider of high-speed, large-format 3D printers and on-demand parts services.
- Piper Jaffray and Credit Suisse as joint book-running managers on the initial public offering of Materialise NV, a provider of additive manufacturing software and 3D printing services.
- Samsung Electronics in several transactions, including its acquisition of CSR plc’s mobile connectivity and location technology, its US$1.4 billion sale of its hard disk drive business to Seagate Technology, its acquisition of the Nexus division of ITC Nexus Holding Company, and its acquisition of Nanoradio AB.
- Syclo, a provider of enterprise mobile applications and technologies, in its sale to SAP America.
- TPUSA, Inc. in its $610 million acquisition of Aegis USA, Inc., an outsourcing and technology company.
- Telogis, a provider of location intelligence solutions, in numerous acquisitions and licensing matters, including its acquisitions of Maptuit, Navtrak, the mobile resources and fleet management solutions business of Intergis, and Remote Dynamics.
- Transgenomic, Inc. in several transactions, including a collaboration agreement with PDI, Inc. for the commercialization of CardioPredict™ and the sale of its SURVEYOR Nuclease technology and assets to Integrated DNA Technologies, Inc.
- Wells Fargo Capital Finance in connection with various financing transactions, including with AFS Technologies, JDA Software Group, Inc., and Sage Software Healthcare, LLC.
- Acquisition by private equity fund of a medical device company that develops, manufactures and markets innovative hemostatic agents, along with the drafting and negotiation of new license agreements on behalf of such company.
- A leading manufacturer of vehicle tires and golf products in the negotiation of several patent license agreements.