Kelly L. Padgett is a partner in the Private Equity and M&A practices at Paul Hastings.
Kelly’s practice is focused on private equity transactions, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and general corporate governance matters. Kelly has represented public and private companies and private equity funds in a variety of transactions, including mergers, stock and asset acquisitions, carve-out acquisitions, corporate restructurings and cross-border transactions in the healthcare, technology, distribution, manufacturing and oil and gas industries.
- The Legal 500 USA, Private Equity Buyouts (2022)
- Chambers USA, Corporate/M&A: Private Equity (2022)
- Vanderbilt University Law School, J.D., 2011
- University of North Carolina, B.A., 2007
- Represented Cortec Group in connection with:
- its acquisition of Circle Surrogacy;
- its formation of Companion Pet Partners;
- its acquisition of Lap of Love;
- numerous add-on acquisitions for its platform Eye Academy of America;
- its acquisition of Aspen Medical Products;
- its acquisition and sale of Window Nation; and
- its acquisition of Groome Transportation.
- Represented H.I.G. Capital in connection with:
- its acquisition of Accounting Seed;
- its acquisition and sale of Hart & Cooley;
- its acquisition and sale of AVI-SPL (and numerous add-on acquisitions);
- its acquisition of Medusind Solutions; and
- its sale of WBB (and numerous add-on acquisitions).
- Represented Beecken Petty O’Keefe & Company in connection with:
- its formation of Bond Orthodontic Partners;
- its acquisition of Medicus Healthcare Solutions; and
- its acquisition of Health-E Commerce.
- Represented Millennium Trust Company in connection with numerous add-on acquisitions, including the acquisition of certain assets of The Bancorp Bank, SunWest Trust, E* Trade, and Transamerica.
- Represented Grey Mountain Partners in connection with:
- its sale of Dimex;
- its sale of 48forty Solutions; and
- its sale of Kronos Foods.
- Represented May River Capital in connection with:
- Unibloc-Pump’s acquisition of Standard Pump; and
- its acquisition of Unibloc-Pump.
- Represented Pfingsten Capital in connection with:
- its acquisition of Fairbank Equipment;
- its acquisition of New England Electrical Contracting; and
- its acquisition of Omega Systems Consultants.
- Represented Industrial Growth Partners in its acquisition of Double E
- Represented Hastings Equity Partners in its acquisition of Community Tree Service
- Represented Cohere Capital in its acquisition of Boostability.
- Represented Clover Capital Partners in its sale of Main Street Gourmet.
- Represented Brenntag in its acquisition of JM Swank.
- Represented Flexera Software in its acquisition of RISC Networks.
- Represented MVP Holdings in the formation of Great Salt Plains Midstream, LLC, a midstream joint venture between MVM Midstream LLC (an entity formed with Energy Spectrum) and Chisholm Midstream (a subsidiary of Chisholm Oil & Gas).
- Represented TierPoint, LLC in connection with:
- its acquisition of CoSentry; and
- its acquisition of Windstream’s data center business.
- Represented KBR Inc. in its acquisition of Weatherly Inc., Plinke GmbH and Chematur Ecoplanning Oy.
- Represented Marubeni America Corporation in its acquisition of multiple direct-to-the-installer automotive parts suppliers.
- Paul Hastings Advises Fast Pace on its Investment in First Care Clinics - July 21st, 2022
- Paul Hastings Advises Industrial Growth Partners in its Acquisition of Double E - June 24th, 2022
- Paul Hastings Advises Genera Energy in its Acquisition by Ara Partners - June 23rd, 2022
- Paul Hastings Ranked as Top Three Firm for New Rankings and Recognized for Numerous Practice Strength and Growth in Chambers USA 2021 - May 21st, 2021
- H.I.G Capital Sells Whitney Bradley & Brown to Serco for $295 Million - February 17th, 2021
- Subversive Capital Acquisition Corp., Announces Transactions with Shawn “JAY-Z” Carter, Roc Nation, Caliva and Left Coast Ventures - November 25th, 2020
- Beecken Petty O'Keefe & Company to Partner with Medicus Healthcare Solutions - October 2nd, 2018
- GE to Sell Health-Care Technology Unit to Veritas Capital for $1.05 Billion - April 3rd, 2018
- MVP Holdings, Energy Spectrum and Chisholm Oil & Gas Announce Formation of STACK Oil and Gas Midstream Joint Venture, Great Salt Plains Midstream, LLC - December 20th, 2017