Nicolas Lovas is an associate in the Corporate practice of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm’s Paris office. His work is focused on Mergers & Acquisitions and more specifically on Private Equity transactions. In addition to his work in the acquisitions area, Nicolas handles general corporate law matters. He has recently worked on M&A and Private Equity transactions in the following industries: software (on-premise and SaaS solutions), fine chemical industry, healthcare (pharmaceutical companies, health equipment manufacturing and animal health), food industry, media & telecom and sale of services for enterprises.
He also advises foreign investors on regulatory matters with respect to the foreign investments control rules applicable in France.
- Nicolas Lovas graduated from HEC Paris, School of Management, where he obtained a Master’s degree in Management in 2012. He also holds a Master’s degree in International Tax Law from University Panthéon Assas – Paris II earned in 2012. Before joining Paul Hastings in October 2016, Nicolas Lovas was an associate in the Paris office of a renowned international law firm for several years.
- Nicolas Lovas has been admitted to the Paris Bar since 2014 and is fluent in French and English.
Private Equity – Equity sponsors
- EQT Private Equity in connection with its investment in Cerba HealthCare specializing in medical diagnosis and in connection with the acquisition of Lifebrain group by Cerba HealthCare
- Insight Partners in connection with its investment in I@D specializing in tech-enabled real estate brokerage
- Tikehau Capital in connection with several major transactions, among others:
- its investment in Sterne Group specializing in premium transportation.
- its investment in Amarenco Group specializing in solar power production.
- the disposal of its stake in Les Dérivés Résiniques et Terpéniques (DRT), world leader in plant-based chemistry, mainly from pine trees, to Firmenich.
- its investment in Group Rougnon specializing in technical building trades in the Paris Region, alongside Bpifrance, the management team and the founding family,
- its investment in Oodrive Group, specializing in cloud sharing, backup and signing solutions.
- Keensight Capital in connection with several major transactions, among others:
- its majority investment in Geodesial, a leading developer and distributor of infrastructure design software, alongside the management of the group,
- its majority investment in 3P Biopharmaceuticals, a leading CDMO specialized in the process development and GMP manufacturing of biologics.
- Gimv in connection with several major transactions, among others:
- its majority investment in La Comtoise group, a snack cheese provider, alongside the company’s founder Michel Vanhove and the management team,
- its majority investment in Agrobiothers group, a European leader in the production and distribution of pet care products.
- UTAC CERAM, portfolio company of Eurazeo in connection with the merger with Millbrook, a leading group in vehicle testing, homologation and emerging technologies for autonomous, connected and electric vehicles.
- Andera Partners in connection with its investment in Panhard group, specializing in logistic real estate.
- M7 Group in connection with the acquisition of the DTH satellite TV operations from Liberty Global serving certain Eastern European markets.
- Qualium Investissement in connection with its investment in Labelium group, a consulting agency specializing in online marketing and digital strategy, along with the management.
- 21 Centrale Partners in connection with the reorganization of Skill & You shareholding.
- A Chinese investment fund in connection with the acquisition of a French fashion label.
- A U.K. investment fund in connection with the acquisition of a leading European pharmaceutical company specializing in natural food supplements and OTC products.
- A French-Qatari fund in connection with its investment in the leading European group specializing in animal nutrition and health.
- A French investment fund in connection with the sale of its majority investment in a worldwide group specializing in the production of wine and spirit labels.
Private Equity – Secondary transactions
- A US investment fund on Idinvest venture GP-led, involving the transfer of 12 assets from several growth and venture capital vehicles into a continuation fund.
Private Equity – Debt financing
- Intermediate Capital Group in connection with the financing of the acquisition of Tokheim Services Group.
- Tikehau Investment Management in connection with the unitranche financing of the acquisition of Silvya Terrade by Abénex.
- Financial lenders in connection with the financing of the acquisition of beauty packaging firm Axilone by Citic Capital.
Private Equity – Founders and management teams
- Founder and management of Sendinblue, leading digital marketing platform for small to medium-sized enterprises.
- Founder of Sipartech group, leading French dark fiber provider in connection with the investment of Blackstone.
- Management of Desmet Ballestra group specializing in developing, engineering and supplying technologies, processing plants and proprietary equipment in connection with the reorganization of the shareholding structure.
- Management of Averys group in connection with the acquisition of Averys group, the leading European manufacturer of customised racking and storage solutions for warehouses, by private equity funds managed by Blackstone.
- Management of OGF group in connection with the acquisition of control of OGF group by Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan.
- The majority family shareholders and the management in connection with the owner buy-out of Provalliance Group.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Franfinance, the consumer finance subsidiary of Société Générale, on the acquisition of Cegelease.
- ALD, the operational leasing and fleet management business line of Société Générale, on the acquisition of BBVA Autorenting.
- A multinational mass media corporation in connection with its acquisition of a programmatic platform specializing in publisher analytics and price floor optimization.
- A global manufacturer of orthopedic implants in connection with the acquisition of a group specializing in polishing for the medical industry.
- One of Europe’s largest customer experience providers in connection with the acquisition of a leading provider of payment services focused principally in the fashion and luxury goods sector.
- One of the world’s leading hotel companies in connection with its sale of a hotel in Paris to a Qatar-based investor.
- Cerba HealthCare Acquires Lifebrain - November 5th, 2021
- Providence Equity Partners Invests in Marlink - September 13th, 2021
- Paul Hastings (Europe) LLP has advised EQT in connection with its investment in Cerba HealthCare - March 31st, 2021
- Insight Partners Acquires Iad - February 10th, 2021
- Keensight Capital Invests in Geodesial - October 1st, 2019
- Equistone Partners Europe Invests in Wallenborn Transports Group - September 26th, 2018
- Qualium Investissement Invests in Labelium Group - February 20th, 2018
- Societe Generale Subsidiary ALD Acquires BBVA Autorenting - September 29th, 2017
- OGF Group in Majority Takeover by Ontario Teachers Pension Plan - April 14th, 2017